SXRPG Replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by Mabuse »

ok, since all maps are done now, HALL OF FAME will be installed to the SXRPG upload

im amazed that WOWII was finally broken, great job, MCP -
it was fun for me to kill darth saul also, using your replay :D

i guess there is need for another challenge :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
MCP

Post by MCP »

You can say it's like Hell for Darth Saul, just reload the save and kill Darth Saul over, and over, and over.

I'm not the first person to beat WoW2 right? I mean Lester or someone must have defeated it in wesnoth 1.6 right?

Yea I still want to beat Forbidden mountain. I'm going to mess around a bit with the Lightwisp as a mage or cleric. (Lightwisp is THAT lightwisp, it ihas 70% arcane/fire, 50% otherwise except for 0% cold, hella broken ;p)

I actually tried a mage and I found the demon summons to be more or less useless, but the other spells were very helpful. I used the movement spell as often as possible! And I used a magic attack on the bosses before/after attacking them, and then running out of range ;p.

edit: Also really good news, my paper was accepted at the AIAA GNC conference. This is just a kick-ass week for me in general.
Abstract Title: "Super Density Operations Airspace Design Modeling for the Southern California Metroplex"
MCP

Post by MCP »

(Double post from the next day)

This might be a bug between Ageless Era and SXRPG (same variable names being used?). I was killing the leader for AI8, but the top right never spawned. I killed Acathamus, but the front door to Darth Saul did not open.

The red spider guards are literally broken. I was using my net on them because according to some bug, the precision focus impact I had was doing less damage. Same damage type, but somehow precision focus does less damage??? Weird as fok.

Also if you kill yourself on the save, maybe you can see the top right is empty and blocked off, but all the other leaders are dead. :doh:

Anyways this is just messing about on expert mode with a broken unit, the lightwisp. It technically has a weakness with 0% cold, but it's not a big deal because I'm an experienced player.
Attachments
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2-Auto-Save116.gz
Save, use this to look at damage to red spiders.
(838.77 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Broken_SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_replay_Light_Wisp_ExpertMode.gz
Replay file showing broken events.
(463.4 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
MCP

Post by MCP »

Evil Dead on Expert, aka Mad Mode, with a Cleric Paladin, 74 turns, death mode, cave diver.

I do not recall any really dangerous moments, I never felt like I might die.

I started with a hammer of rage, a torch, a shield, and a net. I only got the magic movement spell because it's the best thing ever and I the others just don't compare. I got agility, megaregen, and soul stealer. Around the point I was killing the orc leader at about turn 58, I did start to notice the enemies were getting stronger, that is they were taking longer to kill. I only needed to make the paladin arcane sword and the hammer of rage to be rage/slow, so I was saving lots of gold there compared with the hurricane drake.

Due to playing Solo mode, I was able to cut back on the resists on bought for impact, blade, and arcane, so I could up my pierce and fire resists which did help a lot, especially with those drain/pierce skeleton dragons and orcs (early on).
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead_Turn_73.1.gz
One turn before the kill. I can smell it.
(485 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
SXRPG_EvilDead_Expert_Paladin_Replay.gz
(301.99 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

updated.

btw, i read in the normal SX thread about people get deleted at game start depending on their player names.

though i dislike the idea to delete people at game start,
this is an interesing IDEA to ACTIVATE special bonusses for people who entered the hall of fame :). so special items will be activated by player name :)

so i will work on new bonus items/abilities for people who entered the hall of fame.
player names will detected on game start, so changing the name later in game is useless.

hopefully the names MCP and ZEUS are registered and protected so nobody else else can use them in multiplayer (im sure they are)

if somebody has ideas for specials, feel free to tell me.
the bonusses will not be game breakers, but some "nice to have" :)

actual ideas:

cantar
---------
expierienced: discount (for expensive enhancement options) is 7 (default discount is 5)
expert: discount (for expensive enhancement options) is 10

evil dead
---------
expierienced: potions in store 12% cheaper
expert: potions in store 25% cheaper

wizard of war:
--------------
expierienced: +1 ability point, +1 potion storage, extra ability per class
expert: new item: "ether ring" +5% resistance for fire, cold and arcane damage
(also expierienced bonus is granted if game is solved on expert)

looking for ideas for the xtra ability.
for mages and clerics this could be a new spell class (give me input), for warriros and rangers it could be something like "quickness" (working name), which grants +1 move after a kill (so 5 moves after killing something), for rogues it could be "third strike" ability
MCP

Post by MCP »

I think a good place to start is at the start of the game when you select your class. Maybe modify and/or add some better starting abilities such as 'fly' or whatever you suggest above. This lets the player decide whatever they want. Possible to let them select two instead of just one. Or just add another menu for those who made the hall of fame with the extra super special abilities.

edit: On WoW2, a nice item would be something like the undead ring, but it doesn't change your alignment. So you can stay neutral and not have to buy fearless to use it.
Or maybe just an 'immune to poison' item.
Last edited by MCP on April 24th, 2011, 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Castle of Cantar defeated on Expert Mode, aka Mad Mode, Paladin, death mode, cave walker, Cleric.

I actually messed up my resists a bit. I was supposed to end up with 60% to impact, pierce, and blade, but I added +10% to impact and thus -10% to pierce, oh well didn't matter in the end, probably better to get 70% impact anyways. Then the with the two items and a resists ring, I end up with 75% arcane, 80% impact, 70% blade, and 60% pierce, 0% to fire/ice which are not needed on offense.

I got a cold blade, but I'm not sure if it was useful, especially the 575 gold to make it rage/slow, I could have almost bought two damage/strike upgrades for that much.

Just like in Evil Dead,
I got the movement spell, megaregen, soul stealer, and agility. Movement spell once again reduces the number of turns required dramatically and decreases my chance of death by a lot.

Pretty straight forward approach, much like my Hurricane Drake experienced run.

I cleared out the first two caves and leveled up. Then upgraded and killed the first AI. Went to that shop north of the first AI, cleared out the cave to its west and killed the second AI after turning on no luck mode. I then went to the east cave, got the ring and eventually made my way through the 'back' entrance to the third AI's keep. I killed the Necro AI leader with three blue potions after clearing out the east cave. If I did it again, I think I'd buy zerk instead of cold blade, but it ended up not making much difference. Got the dodge rings, although I probably only went there for the four blue potions. I ended up not really needing the blue potions and I used rage/slow cold to kill the final AI on turn 71.
Attachments
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar-Auto-Save71.gz
(491.95 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar_MadMode_Paladin.gz
(276.72 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
MCP

Post by MCP »

Wizard of War 2 on Expert Mode, aka MAD MODE, Paladin, Cleric, Death Mode, Cave diver.

*Releases a MANLY bellow*
*Grows a beard in 5 seconds*
*Crushes a few boulders with my bare hands*
*Drinks a keg*

Same exact build as in Evil Dead and Castle Cantar.
Rage/slow on rage hammer, arcane sword, and cold sword.
Bought a torch, but didn't upgrade it.
Bought a shield and a net otherwise.
Sold the lance for +30 gold.

If I re-did it, I might have considered dropping my blade and/or cold resistance to up my pierce resistance by +10% or 20%, but otherwise I liked this run.
I feel a sense of urgency in this run, I really needed to get as far as possible as fast as possible. Not desperate, but efficient.
I think I got all of the yellow potions except for one in the Darth Saul area for all the free HP it gives me.

I did get the undead ring because it allowed me to over-come drain and poison (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!), even though I never could buy fearless.
Again I use magic movement to the best of my abilities. I don't think this map is possible solo without it. Don't know about in team play.

Also <3 Paladin gets a free 100% arcane resists on this map.

This took about 5 hours by myself while watching the Sharks hockey game and then listening to Yes live, 1975. I finished off Darth Saul to Close to the Edge.
Attachments
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_replay_GOOD_MadMode_Paladin_Cleric.gz
Fixed Replay, should load in Wesnoth 1.8
(423.05 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2-Auto-Save114.gz
(732.34 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_replay_MadMode_Paladin_Cleric.gz
(461.33 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Last edited by MCP on April 22nd, 2012, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Evil Dead on Experienced, Rogue Dwarf Thunderer.

I just wanted to beat it with a Rogue to see how it was. Same strategy as previous Evil Dead runs. I focused on ranged attacks with precision focus and slow for arcane and the gun. My 'unique' strategy for the Rogue, as opposed to other classes, is to use second strike to take down one mobile boss at a time. Let mega-regen work its magic and next turn take out another one. All the while I have to balance this out with making progress on the map. I did find myself really missing movement spell sometimes, but it wasn't bad. Also I really enjoyed one turning all leaders, guards, and mobile bosses thanks to second strike (No Blue Potions!)

I was trying out Castle Cantar as well, but I made a strategic mistake going after the second AI too early because the mad rush of Mobile bosses after turn 30 is too much to handle in that cave.
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead_Replay_Rogue_Thunderer.gz
(374.41 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

Hello all,

Finally my replay of a SXRPG in EXPERIENCED MODE. I thought that i never finish this map it is very very very long. i got very tired playing this map in 168 turns . it is a full campaign in a map :shock: not like evil dead map.

I want congratulate you for the map that is very well designed and it had beautiful terrain combination and the game very hard :D !!!!

I played with:

the lord of DWARFs as ROGUE (full armored with impact and piercing).
A lv 4 elf as a MAGE.
A lv 3 mage of light as a cleric (full armored with arcane).

Mage rule this map and it is funny play with it and IT IS the best class. Rogue is good only in the start and after it got weak. Cleric gOt weak because the weak ranged attack MADE every enemies attack it ranged.

My suggestions:

Sometimes i saw a unit with four or five special in a WEAPON :shock: . What do you think to limit this to 3?

In weapon in shop To sold a weapon could be 50 gold a weapon (30 gold is too much cheap).

In my opinion Warrior is the poorest class of the game.
  • It could have more 1 BACKPACK (total = 5)
    one more movement after a attack
    more 2 or 1 slot armor
    something to make this class funnier.
Rogues needs a extra backpack too.

Never saw a cleric summon demons? inst strange? They should call a angel, don't you think?

The map is full of demons symbols (like the star to down) inst nice, because some "children with empty mind" play this game and could mess their minds. This one thing that need be careful.
Attachments
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_replay.gz
Replay from SXRPG WINZARD OF WAR 2
(862.06 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
MCP

Post by MCP »

168 turns?!

Unfortunately, I cannot watch replays of this map, even my own saves/replays... it's too bad because I wanted to watch your game.

I was interested to see how you handled this map after I saw you playing it earlier. You should note you started the game with 4 players. The fencer was taken out quickly ;), so you guys had to work extra hard to beat it.

Hard to argue against the elf being the best character. It is always too good!
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

I opened my REPLAY and watched it, but It gave a error in start, but select "yes" and it worked for a while and the items didnt appear and i got dead in the turn 14/15 (a invisible unit attack the enemies after) and after wesnoth self-closed. very strange i played this game until the end.

We started in a on-line with (me, 0_0, Itarille, Bigx) game, but i had played alone after +- turn 80. First 6 turns the game was slow and after the game got faster, but after turn 70 the game started got slow again and in turn +- turn 120 i had to active NOLUCK MODE (faster and the game got easier). This is the first time that i could go so longer in this map and I played this game with 168 with a P4 of 2.0 GHz with 1 GB (this do the game be very very very tired) :shock: . Next of the end of the game (+- turn 100) i had to reload many times because i didnt have enough time to play it without stop.

To finish the last Boss "Spider mage :lol2: " i had to got only the first monster of the 5 that was around it, they are too much strong to defeat then so i ignored it. I Did a full attack in the boss with 3 unit with all i could: dwarf: open the path and only slow the boss (his attack was weak) + elf: with 3 summons (of arcane) + cleric: 2 summons (of arcane) + a lot of red potion and a blue potion.

Potions is so GOOD ^_^ and helped much in this map. I used it lot in the units.

The mage: had more than 700 mana and a regen more than 120.
The cleric: had +-630 mana and a regen of 100.

I don't know if this is the correct place but i want show some problems with layout that i found playing this map that is attached.

My suggestions:

* In mainline they could do the description by frames (i know this is a add-on, but i believe that a developer they could listen you better). Like a frame for the set 1, 2 and 4, 5, 6 in the image or On click we could see in a larger window.
* 1 and 2: some labels got over buttons and others text (this happen in some translation too... and not only a add-on problem)
* 3 we cant see the hp and only could see in the battle window. So could give some pixels to get hp: ####/####. this is welcome for other things in the same frame.
* 6: could be a frame that the attack get inside of it otherwise it be in the middle of weapons (i know this is a add-on, but i believe that a developer they could listen you better).

... and this is best game of wesnoth, thats all.
Attachments
Problems with layout and text in wesnoth
Problems with layout and text in wesnoth
MCP

Post by MCP »

Good to know it's not just me, I've been having that error when watching SXRPG replays for a long time now!

Interesting battle you had there. Yea whenever I attack bosses I use multiple blue potions in any given situation. Anything I can get my hands on in order to do max damage.
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

MCP wrote:Good to know it's not just me, I've been having that error when watching SXRPG replays for a long time now!
How the replay inst working some people wont believe that i did this, so i searched and i found that i had saved the last turn of this game. So i attached.
MCP wrote:Interesting battle you had there. Yea whenever I attack bosses I use multiple blue potions in any given situation. Anything I can get my hands on in order to do max damage.

I only attack a enemy when i can defeat it (hp = 0 with 99,99% of sure) and if not i run.

i usually dont buy blue potion because it is so expensive, so only use those potions that has in the map and use it to fight only against bosses, but if i had 5 slot i will use 4 for red and 1 for cyan (to buy in the shop). :)

Cyan is good when you have to attack and run (when you cant defeat) 8)
Attachments
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_Turno_168-BuBu.gz
Last turn Before beat the last Boss turn 168 with 3 units = ROGUE + MAGE + CLERIC (BuBu)
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

updated.

btw, i will take your suggestions into account.

rogue may get 2nd strike for free. (this makes the rogue pretty strong at start)
also if rogue takes a blue potion his 2nd strike will be also restored

for the missing special ability rogues will get an ability that grants them
5 moves after killing an enemy (instead of 4), ability is called "light-foot"

warriors and rangers will get +1 potion storage

thx for playing and thus for making sx better