SXRPG Replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by Mabuse »

ah, and i forgot to mention that BACKSTAB may make it into the specials-list.

as a nice addition and to enhance teamplay a bit. :)

but of course a solo mage or cleric using his demons can also make use of backstab.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

nice replays. had some fun with it.
the speed test around turn 100 shows me that reducing the values was well needed.

backstab wont happen though, sorry.
too mighty. i stick with good old charge instead.

there may be weapons with some sort of "bane"-special though

for eample, "demonbane" which do +50% damage versus demons.
or "undeadbane" which so +50% damage versus undead.

these weapons may come along in a nice developed version for eample - the
"demonslayer" might be a MACE "melee-impact, demonbane, magical, slow" - can be found in mid/late game.
the player just need to add rage to it to have some fun.

the early game version would be just "melee impact, demonsbane, magical"

in single play when you have a ranged unit you may only sell the weapon for 30 bucks ... but still .. better than nothing :)
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

it sounds as though these weapon drops will be a tradeoff as well, depending on how rare or common they are .... the more you pick up the less space to hold weapons that you will sell, so keeping a fancy drop may cost you much more than 30 gold after a while :hmm:
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

iceiceice wrote:it sounds as though these weapon drops will be a tradeoff as well, depending on how rare or common they are .... the more you pick up the less space to hold weapons that you will sell, so keeping a fancy drop may cost you much more than 30 gold after a while :hmm:
well, there are 67 items (that can be dropped) in total, and 16 of them are weapons.
ofc that doesnt say anything about the propability.

in general the weapons that can be found are useful, ofc its debateable if a ranged based unit can do much with melee based weapons. but there is always the option to sell them in shop. makes 30 bucks.

the weapons range from ordinary (keep them if you want and dont have them yet) shop weapons (2), over slightly better (at least temporarily useful) shop weapons (4), to pretty useful weapons (2), to top-notch fully upgraded (4) and even special weapons that cannot be bought in shop (4)

the later 8 ones only availble in late game, while the former 8 lurk around in early/mid game.

so, all in all, i dont think you run into problems finding too many weapons and losing potancia mony because you cannot carry them all. if you find a much better special weapon, you probably want to sell your old weapon anyways.

i could probably think of more items, but 67 is enough for the start ;). suggestions are always welcome.
Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Hi There

Here is the run sylph and I did on Castle of Cantar(version 4.7.2) death mode expert difficulty.
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar_replay_sylph_zoom.gz
(323.36 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Sylph was a elfish shaman mage, neutral player 1.
I played two chars. Ghost roughwarrior lawful player 2 and Dwarvish Thunderer ranger, lawful player 3 aka 'potion boy'. This specific game was our first try at expert lvl, after being chowed quite a few times on lesser difficulities. Nonetheless we suceeded in giving the ai what it had coming for a long time :twisted: . We finished on turn 66, when sylph one hit k.o'ed the drake boss with a spell from mage.

I made some mistakes like buying heal for my two chars which i never used. Also I intenteded to get melee-arcane rage slow magical for the rougewarrior ghost but was forced to buy rage slow, thereby losing magical ability because slow shield was not purchased. In the end it did not matter, I attacked with rage slow first and then on second attack used melee-blade beseker for kill. The ranger dwarf was superb to have around as last char, because of his ability to move +45 hexes(5 potions * 9moves) in one turn. With him i donated quite a few cyan potions to the others chars from the start of the game. The peace of mind of having those extra potions at minimal cost is huge plus early & late game. He didnt really save anyone much, but he always there just in case).

Shout out to Mabuse! Your maps are highly challenging and addictive beyond measure 8)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

hey zoom,

your report is appreciated. and it seems you used the last chance to enter hall of fame ... before the new version comes out. :)
- when it is make sure you give cantar another go :).

the map got improved and should be more interesting and challenging now, especially in the late game.
hope you will like the changes. :)

update will take another week though.
anyways, your place in hall of fame is hereby confirmed.

EDIT:
watched your replay and found it highly entertaining. deserved win. liked how you got the chests asap.
i have never seen the final boss being killed with a spell, actually. that was a fun to see. nice.

unfortuanately, the upcoming cantar map has a new boss :twisted:
also i fear that the chests wont be that easily available now. so i hope to give you guys another challenge with the next version.
Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Mabuse wrote:"it seems you used the last chance to enter hall of fame "
Woot Woot! Thank you Mabuse, I had insatiable need to finish ateleast one of sx rpgmap on expert and enter the hall of fame - very glad its done now. I was lucky sylph was around to entertain my crazed madness.
Mabuse wrote:"when it is make sure you give cantar another go"
Have no doubt will definatly play it - most probaly quite a few times :D .
Mabuse wrote:"your place in hall of fame is hereby confirmed"
You may refer to me as Sir Zoom from now on 8)
Mabuse wrote:"i hope to give you guys another challenge"
You current work is pretty sufficient(not to say updates are not welcomed). A previous shot at finishing one of the sx rpg maps ended up in a session that lasted close to 12 hours on wesnoth server - certain challenges are yet to be conqouered.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
sylph

Post by sylph »

Thank you for the nice game Mabuse. Thank you for the kind words Warfall.
If I spoke the truth, they would put me in a straitjacket. So, I left the society.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

SXRPG_EvilDead_Turn_74_(2836).gz
5Player, Expert, Deathmode, "no Ghosts"
(238.4 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Hi,
this is my Evil-Dead Expert game. enjoy if u want ;)

greetings Popeye
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Popeye wrote:5Player, Expert, Deathmode, "no Ghosts"
"no Ghosts" ?

How curious to introduce oneself by negative words.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.