Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gwledig

Re: Conquest, Conquest+, Conquest+ Space Updates

Post by Gwledig »

All mods updated to fix a bug in loot ability (actually unused in original gameplay version but still present).
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Conquest+ Space 3.11.8 updated - all ranged weapons can now be positioned when firing, allowing choice of firing direction, projectile moves set back to max when positioning adjacent to unit, uses work done on other mods like Chaoz, Lazersquad to refine the behaviour, user is prompted with message allowing re-positioning, if firing unit moves in same turn, the projectile looses abilit to reposition, otherwise projectile could follow unit across map, resetting each time...minor changes to length of some menu text, Intro and Objectives pages.
Major change to Conquest+ Space only - multiple firing now allowed for units with ranged weapons, firing now costs 1 mv instead of setting moves to 0, so unit can fire multiple times, this will potentially allow unit to kill opponent on a vila then move onto the villa, making this more an action vs strategy game unlike other conquest versions.

Conquest original gameplay update 1.10.5 - minor update reducing length of intro text and tweaks to objectives detailed help.

Conquest+update 3.10.7 - Magus' fireball can now be re-positioned when casting, allowing choice of firing direction, minor changes to recruit menus to reduce length of text and Intro/objectives text.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Minor update on all conquest mods (apart from conquest original gameplay) where a variable name was changed to avoid conflict with a system variable.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Conquest+ Space 3.12 update -
* Scaled some ranged projectiles which were clipping/overlapping hexes
* Added clicked unit sounds like Lazersquad/Chaoz/WesCraft, so when you click a unit you get a response sound, sounds are different depending on the unit, e.g. alien sound on Zygons, mechanical sound for tanks/mechs etc.
* Added some custom music to its own playlist, try turning on music to hear, the music shuffles.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Conquest+ Space 4 update
Boat price fixed - sub now costs 20gp (vs 15) due to enhanced features like cloaked torpedoes.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Conquest+ Space 4.2 updated
Replaced some WML causing possible OOS error hopefully now fully fixed, this was due to use of select for units to generate response sounds, at the moment I have had to change this to movement vs select.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Minor update to Conquest Original Gameplay, Conquest+ and Conquest+ Space, there was a slight bug in boats, the 25 gold Warship or equivolent in Conq+ Space wasn't allowing boarding/ unboarding of units, now fixed (traits were in different modifications tags, now combined so it works...) - versions are now:
Conquest (Original gameplay) version="1.10.6"
Conquest+ version="3.10.9"
Conquest+ Space/Ranged version="4.3"
Morath

Post by Morath »

First, allow me to give my thanks for this mod! I spent all day playing and had a great time! I played a Conquest+ Space Ysk game.

I found a few bugs:
. "conquor" should be "conquer"
. workers have "build/repair" in unit information right-side panel but can't, as opposed to builders who can build and have it showing in the right-side panel; probably the description of the trait just needs to be removed from the right-side panel for workers.
. places that say "ordnance has only 1 attack with 100% chance to hit" need to say 70% chance to hit instead of 100% chance to hit, on boats and infantry
. a "don't show again" checkbox would be nice on the ordnance messages (make the game play faster)
. suggestion: maybe the income bonuses could be in the color, or otherwise indicated, of the one posessing it; maybe only the current player's if you don't want to give away what other teams are doing behind the fog of war

Otherwise, good music choice for space (Holst :) and it seems well balanced; not too defensive, not too offensive. Really well done! I had great fun!
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Thanks Morath, & thanks for spotting these issues I will try to do a fix v soon.

My space one is a kindof crazy souped up version of old 'Conquest' which has been around since 2008 or so, I also provide the 'original gameplay' version which is basic maps e.g. Wesnoth and melee only, also, Conquest+ (basic but with extra races, builders for fortifications & magus unit with spells).
If you like my conquest mods, also check out my Chaoz mod (wizards only - summon monsters/cast ranged spells), Lazersquad (team squad game, ranged weps with a coop map based on Alien) and WesCraft (maybe slightly overambitious civ type thing, your builders make stuff like stables, barracks, workshop for upgrades, you can only recruit units where you have the upgrade).
Glad you are enjoying conquest & helping keep it alive, any more corrections/suggestions pls let me know!
gwledig
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Update to all my Conquest mods (original, + and Space) - thanks to Morath for these suggestions:

* Typo in 'conquor' fixed on scenario/map description (now reads 'conquer'.
* Workers now show 'worker' ability in side panel (+1 gold when standing on a vila) vs. incorrectly flagged with builder ability (to mk structures).

Morath - I checked the ordinance stuff, just to clarify, all missile or area effect ones like grenade, magus fireball and missiles in space are 100% probability, there's 2 weapon specials, a 100 and a 70, the 70s is on all the handgun type ones, inc. starship lasers, but anything like a missile or area damage is 100 to reflect that this would likely not fail irl due to the missile technology (! lol) and splatter damage e.g. of grenades/nukes.
if you think there is a ranged option/weapon with the wrong hit value can you pass me the name of the weapon shot e.g. laser blast, grenade. Thanks
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Ok had to revert the fog clearer replacement change as it caused out of sync & will require enormous work to implement due to many units and weapons needing unique random IDs... updated for all my mods on server to overcome OOS error, including all conq mods, chaoz, wescraft, lazersquad. Other recent minor changes are still present such as map updated file paths, worker ability in side panel, typo corrections etc.
Morath

Post by Morath »

Sorry, I could have been more clear: I just meant the text above that describes how the attacks work (say, on a grunt spending one gold to shoot) says 100% chance to hit while it actually has 70% chance to hit. So: working as intended, but the text above in the menu where you select your attack is wrong.

Thanks and I'll check out your other mods :)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Hm Morath the default normal attack is the beserk melee, the weapon is like a 2nd attack done with specials and stuff, so you could be reffering to the melee attack?
Danwar

Post by Danwar »

Will AI compatibility ever be added?
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

I am going to kill for a basic 1v1 LOTR Conquest Minus game.

Add me either on steam or discord to schedule a game or two if anyone intrested
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198876195948\
fedexpres#7545