Invaded Pass

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

arcite500

Invaded Pass

Post by arcite500 »

Here is another map that I am going to add to Legend, but Id just like to know what everyone thought of it.
Player 2 should be challenging to take down.

Attachments
Invaded Pass.map.zip
(888 Bytes) Downloaded 128 times
batoonike

Re: Invaded Pass

Post by batoonike »

Maybe give a bit more background information about whats Legend etc. Id like to help but looks like Im missing some important information about the map (the campaign?)
arcite500

Post by arcite500 »

Ok im not wanting to give away too much of the story but basically whats going on here if the band of heroes are heading the the northern caves so they can recruit someone up north, after having a long battle before hand they hope to rest in the mountain pass town, unfourtinately a group of bandits have enslaved the pass town so its up to the heroes to free it before they move on.

Thats the basis of this map

P.S this is an uncoded map as of now, so its just a MP at the moment
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Please stop posting maps for campaigns like this.

If you want feedback on the maps wait till you finish part of the campaign, test it yourself to see how you feel about it then release that part to others to see how they feel about it.

Map for campaigns generally are not and shouldn't be balanced for multiplayer. This one most certainly isn't. We cannot tell you how balanced it is for a campaign because we don't know what kind of units we will have, what kind of units our enemy will have, how much money both sides will have, what surprises you might add. Rather than just telling us all this information it would be better if you just give us the campaign for testing.

Right now all we can really comment on is aesthetics/theme but if you are not worrying about balance both of these are fairly easy to achieve.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Tonepoet

Post by Tonepoet »

For the most-part I agree with Velensk. No point in feedback without all of the information, since we don't know what you're attempting and have no clue as to what can actually be done. Additionally, versus maps generally have to be designed as versus maps to work in a proper manner for a variety of considerations.

That being said, from what I can comment on, you might want to consider working your way from impassible, down to regular mountains, down to hills, down to forested hills and wrap those in forrest, then degrade to grass. It's more realistic and prettier looking to intermingle than straight up unperturbed blobs of each. For M.P. purposes, while it'd still be unbalanced due to a too large to list variety of reasons, it'd at least make Knalgans a lot less powerful to have fewer mountains to work with. Assuming you detracted solely from the regular mountains that is. As far as aesthetics go, I do like the snaking of the path.
Htonsew Rof Elttab Eht is just too cool for school. I've got no words to describe it. Have any of you guys tried it? ;-)