Era of High Sorcery

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Saratos

Re: Era of High Sorcery

Post by Saratos »

Just want to say that this is my favorite era. I wish more people played it. You're awesome! Keep up the good work. It brings me so much joy to see that this thread is active. I was worried EoHS was gon with 1.12.

Thank you! You're an inspiration to all of us WML developers. (Still working on my Lua too, baby steps :P )
1234muse

Post by 1234muse »

I would love it if you brought The High Seas back
Graypaws11

Post by Graypaws11 »

Can't wait for this to be ported to 1.14 -- Until then, I'm sticking with 1.12 just for this
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Graypaws11 wrote: October 19th, 2018, 4:35 am Can't wait for this to be ported to 1.14 -- Until then, I'm sticking with 1.12 just for this
Yeah I have both 1.12 and 1.14 installed. 8) This is definitely a great mod!
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I am always staying on the most recent stable. Dev versions I shy away from, despite any new feature, mostly because I don't want to run into problems such as the game crashing; and 1.12 did seem too old for me compared to 1.14. But I am curious about the version past 1.14 (like 1.16; no idea when it will be released).
Uncle_Sam

Post by Uncle_Sam »

RIP
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I have excellent news! The "RIP" made me get a little sad about how I never finished updating EoHS past Wesnoth 1.13. And fortunately, my hand problems are doing way better than they used to be, so I've spent the last 3 days cleaning up the remaining places where EoHS was totally broken.

EoHS 2.4.0 has now been released on the Wesnoth 1.15 add-on server!

Important caveats:
– It's only available on Wesnoth 1.15, and not Wesnoth 1.14. Making it compatible with both versions would have been extra work, and I figure since 1.16 will be stable soon, it's okay to just do that one.
– Although I have fixed all of the bugs where the game immediately breaks, it is likely that there are still a bunch of bugs lying around that will jump out in unusual cases. Bug reports are highly encouraged!

The primary new feature since EoHS 2.3 is a completely new spellcasting UI, where you don't even have to open the menu! You can simply click on your wizard while the wizard is already selected, and it will pop up spellcasting icons on the map.

Other changes:
– There are now premade skillsets, so new players don't have to stare at the complicated skill screen before they can start casting spells.
– The menu can now be opened normally on other players' turns. The weird gesture that was formerly used as a workaround has been removed.
– All of the hats now have a way to earn them through gameplay. The Patreon donation appeals have been removed, because I have a real income now, and I have lots of other projects competing for my attention. (Although I want to keep EoHS functional, I don't have any active plans to develop more features. The major new features in this version were actually implemented years ago, I just didn't complete them at the time.)
– "EoHS with any era" can now be used in single-player campaigns.
– In the "change appearance" dialog, moving the sliders now immediately updates the preview.
– Various updates to match current mainline wesnoth ("Khalifate" replaced with "Dunefolk", Fire Guardians now use their real advancement)
– For people who have downloaded EoHS, the "lightning" damage type of lightning dragons now displays properly.
– Fixed major bugs with loading savefiles and replays.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I love the random map building approach in this mod. Well done.
Elvish_Pillager

EoHS 2.4.0.1 released. This is a small bugfix release taking care of a few bugs that were discovered quickly in EoHS 2.4.0.
– Fixed EoHS breaking `on_event`, which broke spawns in Dark Forecast and Isle of Mists, and presumably many other scenarios.
– Fixed error when using "EoHS with any era" when a faction has a non-alphanumeric id like `Knalgan Alliance`.
– Fixed error in UI code, which I'm guessing happened when moving the mouse off the map while targeting an action.
– Fixed AI sides getting an alliance in campaign settings (where there are no alliances).
– Fixed displaying a "Click me to choose your skills!" prompt in alternative settings where the suggestion doesn't do what it says.
– Improved error messages when an EoHS unit type is generated in an invalid way (this may help me debug other errors in the future).
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

EoHS 2.4.0.2 released. This is a small bugfix release.
– Fixed a serious design flaw in my fix for the replay OOS. I couldn't reproduce an actual error myself, but someone else got an error related to this, and after looking at my code, the code definitely had a problem, and I don't understand how it worked for me in the first place. Anyway, hopefully it's cleaned up now.
- In "EoHS with any era", units converted to wizards no longer have their portrait images removed. (Normally, wizards' portrait images are removed so the portrait isn't inconsistent with the appearance customization; for unit types that don't have custom-appearance rules, that doesn't apply, so I've made an exception for them.)
Elvish_Pillager

EoHS 2.4.0.3 released. This is a small bugfix release.
– Chaos Survival no longer freezes the game when fog is enabled.
Elvish_Pillager

EoHS 2.4.0.4 released. This is a small bugfix release.
– Fixed immediate error on making any scroll.
- Worked around a Wesnoth bug causing the game to crash when you use Dispelling Touch on a transformed unit or unit with Wizard Sword. Previously, dispelling the defender's currently-used attack allowed you to continue swinging while they couldn't swing back. Wesnoth now crashes if you remove the defender's attack during combat, so I worked around it by completely ending the combat instead. Hopefully this can be reverted in a future version.
- Fixed spurious error on second scenario of a campaign (nothing was actually broken, it just said it was broken when it wasn't).
- If you run "EoHS with any era" when the era is also EoHS, it now gives you regular EoHS instead of making there be no alliances.
- Attack damage of Wraithform now scales with your level when you're beyond levels 1-3.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Just DL this for 1.17 (well 1.15 beta or 1.16 candidate or I have no clue why it's called that : ) and tried out the chaos tower map (which sadly was not working in 1.12) with the Lonely Era (plain no EoHS leader added).

It creates the map fine (aside from some public deprecation msgs heh) and plays well vs 1 player. Quite challenging. My luck was brutal (when the dice decide you lose you don't argue...) so I will have to try again. I think it will be more fun if I give myself spells too as this is something (spell vs spell caster) I think can only be done else vs humans. In fact it's ideal since here the AI uses the spells! Oooh.
1234muse

Post by 1234muse »

WOOOOOOOOHOOO, wesnoth just isn't the same without EoHS, honestly it's one of the best multiplayer era's out there
1234muse

Post by 1234muse »

alright so I've been playing DID with mal-kesher as a badass wizard, but as soon as I ||hit the litch level||, I lost all my powers, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get them back

Edit:
also I've noticed that any unit that has contuinous animations(I think), freezes the game up hard when they have visual modifiers, and move
Screenshot at 2021-10-01 20-42-45.png
Screenshot at 2021-10-01 20-42-45.png (34.14 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
Screenshot at 2021-10-01 20-42-35.png
Screenshot at 2021-10-01 20-42-35.png (59.69 KiB) Viewed 2577 times