B.U.R.S. (Bizarre and Unusual Recruit Styles)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

donkey_noob_trash1

Re: B.U.R.S. (Bizarre and Unusual Recruit Styles)

Post by donkey_noob_trash1 »

One more hammer for good measure...
grunt_hammer_5.gz
(12.98 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
This one was against a semi-decent opponent. Not an insta-kill. But in the end, the waves of grunts were too much...
"Oh noes, I'm trapped by corporeal beings!" -Caphriel (in a discussion about ghosts and ZoC)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

hehe. ill take look at it now.

BTW i would really love to post this one match here, but i think bizzare is quite not the right expression, so i decided to post it on the other discussion.

ill post the link anyways cuz i know u like good 1v1s

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 39#p383939

cheers
donkey_noob_trash1

One last orc hammer (I swear)! This one vs... omg... a good opponent! Rather long game, resulting in the biggest amount of bloodshed since the invention of the sword. Seriously, I challenge any of you to top the amount of grunts I lost, while still managing to win the match.
grunt_hammer_vs_Veliq.gz
(28.33 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
"Oh noes, I'm trapped by corporeal beings!" -Caphriel (in a discussion about ghosts and ZoC)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

excellent replay
Death

Post by Death »

inspired by this thread, here's a recent isar's win, elves orcs vs loyals elves, with orcs going nagas/gobos only.

not a very interesting game, but at least gobos/nagas dominated.
Attachments
goblagoisars.gz
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

incredible gameplay,

no fear to burn all those gobos and the success gives u the right to say ure a good player. nice use of leveling naga!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

todays topic

how to condition ur pet drake

Image (edit: this image miraculously vanished after one day maybe its gone after this edit: http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/epa0133l.jpg)

in this game i have been playing 1v1 loys p2 on freelands against a drake player.

just out of interest what hes gonna do i started spamming horseman after i saw that this guy is going to turtle. then i started to attack, not because i had sufficient backup, but rather because i was just in the right mood for that. after every horseman attack and subsequent kill there was a new one at his place, this guy simply didnt take his vills back. he must have thought id stop eventually. well i did not and as the turns went by he started to get used by his daily horseman ration.

after feeding him lots of expensive horsemen this guy was still hungry at turn 20 where i installed a little surprise and slipped a little HAAAAAAR HAR HAR from monkey island ;)
Attachments
throwing_horsemen.gz
conditioning gonthaur
(23.62 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Last edited by Rigor on September 22nd, 2009, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donkey_noob_trash1

Rigor wrote:todays topic

how to condition ur pet drake

in this game i have been playing 1v1 loys p2 on freelands against a drake player.

just out of interest what hes gonna do i started spamming horseman after i saw that this guy is going to turtle. then i started to attack, not because i had sufficient backup, but rather because i was just in the right mood for that. after every horseman attack and subsequent kill there was a new one at his place, this guy simply didnt take his vills back. he must have thought id stop eventually. well i did not and as the turns went by he started to get used by his daily horseman ration.

after feeding him lots of expensive horsemen this guy was still hungry at turn 20 where i installed a little surprise and slipped a little HAAAAAAR HAR HAR from monkey island ;)

Great replays, the both of you! :D It does my heart good to see such blood-baths...
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

thx donkey :)

now im a little busy - but the next game will come for sure :)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Grunt hammer on Hornshark, against a Knalgan. Massive pressure against the left during the first night that he couldn't stop.
Attachments
Caphhammer.gz
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
donkey_noob_trash1

Another Weldyn replay- heavy on grunts and nagas.

This is a slightly embarassing replay. Although I did win, it took a rather rediculous amount of time to finish the job. My opponent was not playing well at all, yet managed to keep me at bay for a good chunk of the game.

By the way, I think this is a good recruit strategy for orcs for this map.
grunts_and_nagas.gz
(17.95 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

nice to watch!

u really made stupid moves but mine were worse:

turn 40something all berserkers on onis as p2!
Attachments
2p_-_Den_of_Onis_(1.6_rev1)_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
(42.03 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
donkey_noob_trash1

Rigor wrote:nice to watch!

u really made stupid moves but mine were worse:

turn 40something all berserkers on onis as p2!

LOVED IT!!!

I can never get zerkers to work for me, tho... partially because the RNG transpires to give me -50% inflicted every time I use them...
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

haha =) me smilez ;)

ive made my test now, phew that was a hard one. now i need time to recover ;) wheeeere is ma computer shop for buying a new harddisk :D
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Recruiting only trolls is fun. :D
Here is a game of trolls vs. undead on Hamlets. He even had three ghosts, quite a pain to fight.
Attachments
2S_–_Entzweites_Land_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
Trolls only versus Undead on Hamlets
(16.97 KiB) Downloaded 263 times