Isar's Map Bugged?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SaintDust

Isar's Map Bugged?

Post by SaintDust »

I have been noticing a first turn first player advantage.
Considering a player was to pick a faction with mermen/naga he is able to take the water village nearest him that is suppose to go to opponent.
I have been testing this as a bug for several games, and if done right can prove a supreme advantage. Switching out with another mermen a time or two. Also places most units on terrible terrain to attacking it.
A red mage can or a few mages as well as first turn mermen/naga recruits can quickly recover the village, but given that most players dont play random, i suggest a minor fix..If possible
Hurry up and take your time
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Isar's Map Bugged?

Post by Turuk »

The MP dev team have made it clear over the years that Isar's Cross is not balanced and is only kept in Mainline because it is popular.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
TL

Post by TL »

P3 can do this to P4 just as easily as P1 can to P2. So neither team really gets much of an advantage from this.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

:D
lol almost thread-maker is 5 years around and then such a thread. thats epic.

seriously: thats isar.

i also cannot see the real problem on this "issue" anyway:

1) both teams get the ooportunity to do this.
2) lawful P3/P4 players should be aware of this and be able to react
3) non lawful P3/P4 wil surely engage at least on dusk for the water village, either trapping the fish there so they can kill them at night.

in any case if P3/P4 are a bit skilled the other player wont be able to hold the water village for too long.

there may be problems with isar (such as due to the small size of the map MANY aspects of the game dont come into account) but the water villages are definately no problem on isar, its just a thing that you should be aware about.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

This thread serves no point in being open longer given the nature of the map, other than to attract noise. It should have answered your point.

Locked.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time