2p Map, want your comments

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cernunnos
Art Contributor

2p Map, want your comments

Post by Cernunnos »

Hi all,

here is a map I just done for 1 on 1 gaming,

But.......

I don't know how to make it playable for a classic 1 vs 1 game: 2 gold per village, fog of war etc...

So I let you the map, you'll see if it seems interesting or at least playable for 1/1 game.

You can make it playable if you want or use it as base for one of your scenario, do as you want it's yours...

Bye.
Attachments
2p_Frozen_Lake.map
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Re: 2p Map, want your comments

Post by Cernunnos »

OK, it's playable without doing anything in fact, so please leave your comments, critics, remarks,

I would be glad to take your advices,

thanks

Edit: I changed it, snow everywhere means difficulty for sol units (i did'nt know) this is a little more playable now I think...

Ah eh, why fog of war is not set by default? someone can help about this?
Attachments
2p_Frozen_Lake.map
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Cernunnos wrote:OK, it's playable without doing anything in fact, so please leave your comments, critics, remarks,

I would be glad to take your advices,

thanks

Edit: I changed it, snow everywhere means difficulty for sol units (i did'nt know) this is a little more playable now I think...

Ah eh, why fog of war is not set by default? someone can help about this?
Fog of war, I believe, is set on the multiplayer menu. But, I think that people who know WML (I don't...I hope to soon) could set it on fog of war for multiplayer maps.
By the way, I'll download your map and play it, and come back with feedback. :)
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Post by Cernunnos »

Thanks downloading it,

I fixed some things, you can now turn around the lake at the center, i remove swamps. Drakans were to good with saurians in swamps at the middle + their flying units.

I also add a fourth "fort" block on each dungeon at the middle so that you can recruit a third unit in, and at starting positions so that you can recruit a fifth unit at start.

I finally facilitate moving, most on the bridge parts.

Gaming as far as i know remains similar, principally fast units on first turns. Then doing the complete turn of the map (clock time principally) to capture opponents villages or going to the lake to control units at the center.

Critics are welcome, bye.
Attachments
2p_Frozen_Lake.map
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 »

its seems fine when i play it...except with drakes...i wouldn't reccomend drakes on this map.
they move to fast compared to others. MO
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Post by Cernunnos »

Hey, thanks,

In fact it appeared that the problem is with knalgans,

too fast with griffyns and unbeatable in center dungeons with the dwarf resistance in mountains.

but effectively drakans are to fast too.

I'll change things next week, adding a village in the center, reducing ice and mountains to more forest and plains,

Think it'll become more of a frozen river =)

thanks bye.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Hi,
I played your map, me playing Loyalists, and the AI playing Northerners (or Orcs).
Both of us had 225 starting gold.
The terrain is quite nice, as is the map in general, good placement of villages, etc.
Overall, I think it's a good map, especially for just playing a quick game. :)
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster