Proposal: Remove resilient trait for bats

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Radament

Proposal: Remove resilient trait for bats

Post by Radament »

Hello,

I'd like to initiate a discussion about removing the resilient trait for bats, seeing that with 60% defense they are really hard to kill for non-magic using factions.

I'm having big trouble killing them, especially with Northerners. At night, even two hits from a grunt doesn't kill them if they drain on their retaliation. Archers are a viable counter against them of course, but even they need at least 4 (pierce) / 3 (fire) hits at night, which, with their low frequency of attacks, is too much to ask for.

Furthermore, resilient bats can also survive a successful hit from a thunderer or 3 hits from a dwarwish fighter (again, if they drain)

If such a bat reaches a village surrounded by low-defense terrain, it can really become a pain dealing with them, whilst adepts and skellies run around rampaging. I believe they should be a nuisance, but not a game-turning pain in the a, stealing villages and such.

for your consent :)
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

... ... ...bats can get resilient!? :shock:
Radament

Post by Radament »

boy, do they get resilient, in the up-to-date-dev-version.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

A post hinting that bats are too powerful...I never thought I'd see the day.
JW

Post by JW »

Well, I wondered why they got a defense increase AND traits......I didn't think they were THAT weak before.

Bat and WC boosts give the Undead L0 power. I'd like to see what other people think about this.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

JW wrote:Well, I wondered why they got a defense increase AND traits......I didn't think they were THAT weak before.

Bat and WC boosts give the Undead L0 power. I'd like to see what other people think about this.
I've got two words for you:
Death
Knight

:twisted:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
IB

Post by IB »

I'd like cheaper ghouls and weaker bats.
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Ehrm, just make it so bats are harder to level up by raising the exp required. The level 0 bat isn't that difficult to kill, but they live long enough so that now it's so easy to raise the bat to level 1, and that's where we have something that's highly dangerous.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

IB wrote:I'd like cheaper ghouls and weaker bats.
Do you want fries with that?
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

I have decided that because some units (bats) are more powerful than should be expected, all units should be perfectly equal, and have these stats:

hp:1
mp:2
movetype=drakefly (to help reduce luck's factors, because *no one* likes luck in wesnoth)
attacks: 1-1 melee pierce
150 xp AMLA
JW

Post by JW »

Weeksy wrote:I have decided that because some units (bats) are more powerful than should be expected, all units should be perfectly equal, and have these stats:

movetype=drakefly (to help reduce luck's factors, because *no one* likes luck in wesnoth)
150 xp AMLA
But Weeksy, if a unit gets AMLA they will be 4 times as powerful as regular units!! :shock:

The AMLA would have to either be +1 hp, or raise the xp requirement to 600xp. At 70% xp it would only take a unit 24 kills to get AMLA....DO WE WANT THAT???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Weeksy wrote:I have decided that because some units (bats) are more powerful than should be expected, all units should be perfectly equal, and have these stats:

150 xp AMLA
omg, it would take ages to fight a battle like this! :D
I propose something like this:

HP: 1
MP: 999
Movetype: Uber (0 movement cost everywhere, 0% defense)
Attacks: 1-1 Melee Blade
No AMLA
Resistance: 0% to everything
lol. :lol:
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Why does it need 999 MP if it has 0 MP price for everywhere? ;P
Radament

Post by Radament »

else it wouldn't be "uber".

good feedback, folks.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Oh, come on... they also need berserk to their attacks on the off chance that someone misses.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]