3p Separate Survival

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

First of all- Killing shop means shunning the original concept and wasting all our hard effort on it.

It USED to be last leader alive wins... but there were problems with that format- nobody would survive past turn 8 practically every time. It got dull. It got boring. Because even if you don't win automatically when one of your opponents die due to bought spawns, it still increases the chance you'll win. The shop still DOES have point to it. We might make some changes to it. like making it point based rather than gold based. Thus you don't have to cough up gold to buy spawns. Basically, you'd get per say a point every turn. Each unit is worth a certain amount of points. Thus saving up points can be effective. We might also be able to set up a max point count, where you can only gather so many points at one time- so like a person on Exalted can't wait until the last possible moment and then buy countless units. Any measurable sum of extra units on some of the waves can make them much, MUCH harder. :eng:

Thus we are very unlikely to delete the shop or change the objectives.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Clonkinator wrote:
3p Seperate Survival wrote:If you know a way to prevent messages to pop up for all players, please let us know
Messages that contain options are only visible to the player that called them. (An option like "okay" that does nothing would already be enough). Other than that, nice map. 8)
Nosmos

Post by Nosmos »

so played some games again on the map :)
i think you should rename impossible to something else or make it harder ;)
without someone who sends spawns in it feels a bit easy
i had 14 units left in the end

i also made a game with store usage on easy but only versus 1 opponent
it really was fun :)
but :
* the "turn 5 unitx" list in the shop is quite irritating because the units will be placed there directly, also it was possible to buy units that where namend "turn 13 unitx" during turn 10
* if player 1 buys spawns for player 2, player 2 can make his positioning while seeing the spawns, if player 2 buys them player 1 doesnt have that chance and player 2 normaly can kill wounded units with a wolf
* perhaps the normal waves should be the same side to take away that disadvantage for player 1
* bought spawns could spawn stoned and unstone 1 turn later
* perhaps the 2 level 3 guards + the north ai faction should be the same for all players
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

First of all, I like the stoning idea. Thus no player 9 advantage for spawning units.

Second of all, editing the shop is AN ABSOLUTE PAIN. Here's why the north can't all be one side- one side cannot have more than one leader.

We will get the shop running better sooner or later.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
oesis

Post by oesis »

this is the updated version of the map. The changes i made were making bought spwans bought with points you get from kills, making spawns spawn at new turn and reducing gold for ai kill. it hasent been balenced yet so... it may be unbalenced.
Attachments
3p_Separate_Survival.zip
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 140 times