SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

meriton

Post by meriton »

I have refactored the money transfer code to reduce code size and improve readability. There are no functional changes.
Attachments
SurvivalXtreme_macros-1.14-refactored.gz
(11.88 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

meriton wrote:I have refactored the money transfer code to reduce code size and improve readability. There are no functional changes.
Dang, I already updated it to Version 1.15 before seeing this. I'll try to take over your changes though, thanks.

Besides that, Version 1.15 has been released. This release contains a bugfix for SXBattle (I removed two useless [leader_goal]-tags because they seemed to crash Wesnoth. Heck, they had coodinates not on the map) and lots of improvements. I also started redoing the older maps so they have more different terrain and look fancier (thanks to Riklaunim who made me do so and for some ideas what could be changed). Check it out on the campaign server.

@Riklaunim: Thanks for your effort on making those maps. :oops: However, I didn't want to use exactly the ones you made, sorry (this doesn't refer to your SXAdventure-map yet, I'll have a look at it first). Feel free to use the maps you made to make fancy subversions of those scenarios, though :)

EDIT: What the... Hey, I can't download your file, meriton. What's up with that link? It just links me to a completely blank page and does nothing else.
meriton

Post by meriton »

That's odd: downloading and unpacking works for me. Try it again?
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Alright, now I have finally been able to download your file. I'll have a look at it as soon as I've got time.

Other than that, Version 1.16 has been released. I renewed even a few more maps now, adjusted creep and weapon strength again, added a new weapon and a new feature: Everytime a player dies, the creep leaders do now get a gold and a strength bonus. As an example: Five players play and four players die. All the creep leaders get 500g (was it 125g per death? I believe it was), and their creeps are as strong as if it was your current turn of play +16! That means, ouch.
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

Here is two of my replays.
- Era of Myths - no super units + AI spawns like hell so we were stuck at the first leader for long time :)
- 25Gold: nice defence and later attack :)
Attachments
SurvivalXtremeAdventure_replayMyth.zip
Adventure with Era of Myths
(157.29 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
000025.zip
Advanced with Extended Era and 25 starting gold
(123.78 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Very nice, thanks :)
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

As for 1.16 the start of Adventure map is IMHO bad - water and hills - it's very slow for most units. It would be better if the pass was "faster" and the bridge to the first AI leader longer (put it by the walls)

As for gameplay some Augurs are good against holy rage berserkers like that one on screenshot (a mega OOS)
Attachments
lol.png
lol.png (18.81 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Riklaunim wrote:As for 1.16 the start of Adventure map is IMHO bad - water and hills - it's very slow for most units. It would be better if the pass was "faster" and the bridge to the first AI leader longer (put it by the walls)
That can well be. I currently am not really happy with various things in SX, and some issues with the maps are on the top of my list. I think I'll just replace the water with river fords again. However, the bridge seemed fine to me so far. Let's see if I can do something about it.
Riklaunim wrote:As for gameplay some Augurs are good against holy rage berserkers like that one on screenshot (a mega OOS)
:shock:

By the way, I uploaded version 1.17 to the add-on server. The additional creep leader system has completely been revamped, that means ALL leaders are replaced on ALL maps (except SXBattle) with exactly the same stats as the initial leader. As an exchange for this increase in difficulty, however, players do now gain some sort of "income" for as long as at least one leader is gone. Killing a creep also restores 4 MP instead of 3 now. Creeps do now gain special, weak weapons with their second strength boost, and any extra resistances bought are now shown at the armory screen. Check it out.
NOTE: I already noticed that I forgot to update the 4MP-thing in SXBattle, and I'll fix it in the next version.
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

To be more annoying :) I've made a small survival map (with configs) - SurvivalXtremeRumble - a lot of bosses with gold, rings etc.

Didn't played it fully (to late) so some ballancing may be needed here and there but it seems to be playable. You may edit/hack/fix/add it to the rest ;)

Note: v2 uploaded :) some fixes and changes made after a nice game.
Attachments
SurvivalXtremeRumble.cfg
The thing v3
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Annoying? What are you talking about? As I mentioned some time ago, I'm happy if people like SX and do stuff with it. I'll have a look at your SXRumble. If it's good I might add it to the pack, otherwise I'll just make it good enough to get into the pack! :wink:
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

I had 5-6 normal games with it and AI stats are:
- mermaid: about 6 kills
- cuttle fish: ~3 Kills
- spider: 1 kill
- saurians by the final boss: 1 kill :)

the game is hard unless most units has magic attacks (then all SX is easy). What can be changed:
- more HP and damage on finall leaders (entangler and sylph)
- more HP on some bosses (like the 50-40 dragonguard sitting on 1K gold :twisted: )
- starting gold: 400?
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Hey riklaunim, I just dropped you a quick PM about your SXRumble.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Greetings, I just released version 1.18 of SX! :D
This version actually features rather few improvements on gameplay, but riklaunim made another map for SX, and it got in, so I had to update the bunch. Enjoy! :wink:
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

nice :) thanks :)
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

almost beat your SXrumble twice today, rik. However...wesnoth crashed on us both times. You didn't code in a lil self destruct or anything, did ya? you evil [censored]. ;]
"If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"