SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Is SX Curve your map? Even if not, I'll tell you the problem.

The last guardian boss, a Skeleton Archer, happens to be stationed on the cave wall terrain right below the entrance to the cave. It's pretty simple for a skirmishing unit to slip right under his nose and grab the gold. I'd move him up one hex, so he'd be right in the entrance like all the others.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Is SX Curve your map? Even if not, I'll tell you the problem.

The last guardian boss, a Skeleton Archer, happens to be stationed on the cave wall terrain right below the entrance to the cave. It's pretty simple for a skirmishing unit to slip right under his nose and grab the gold. I'd move him up one hex, so he'd be right in the entrance like all the others.
Hm, it isn't my map, but I guess it won't take long to fix. Thanks for the report. :)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

You're welcome. Though now it'll be kind of annoying to have to actually kill him first. And for some reason the boss leaders can move off their castle keeps, sometimes quite far. This is kind of annoying after you have just gone on a killing spree through the castle and have half your HP.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:You're welcome. Though now it'll be kind of annoying to have to actually kill him first. And for some reason the boss leaders can move off their castle keeps, sometimes quite far. This is kind of annoying after you have just gone on a killing spree through the castle and have half your HP.
Well, as I said, after all, it isn't my map... :wink:
Maybe Big_Bob wanted the leaders to move, so he allowed them to do so. :)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Big_Bob as in Bob_The_Mighty?

That might be, but it sounds more like an accident.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Got any big plans for SX?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Oh, and Survival Xtreme is not on the 1.3.14 server yet. Please get it up as soon as possible.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Big_Bob as in Bob_The_Mighty?

That might be, but it sounds more like an accident.
No, Big_Bob and Bob_The_Mighty are two entirely different persons AFAIK.

Also, SX is up on the add-on server now again. (with a minimal bugfix)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Ah thanks, I was just dying... :wink:
rchandra

Post by rchandra »

Decided to finally give SX a try - it seemed fun, though ended early when I took a huge risk to save the 20 gold of healing, trying for an AMLA-heal instead. A few questions:
1. If you buy extra damage/strikes, then buy a weapon, is it applied to that weapon? I noticed that it is applied to weapon gain on levelup (like fencers crossbow)
2. When playing solo, should I adjust the starting gold?
3. This was a bug or a feature - poison did triple-digits of damage (I was at above 100% HP due to a potion, poison took me to 100%), and gaining gold from a kill seemed to cure poison.

Thanks Clonkinator for your time and effort!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

rchandra wrote:Decided to finally give SX a try - it seemed fun, though ended early when I took a huge risk to save the 20 gold of healing, trying for an AMLA-heal instead. A few questions:
1. If you buy extra damage/strikes, then buy a weapon, is it applied to that weapon? I noticed that it is applied to weapon gain on levelup (like fencers crossbow)
2. When playing solo, should I adjust the starting gold?
3. This was a bug or a feature - poison did triple-digits of damage (I was at above 100% HP due to a potion, poison took me to 100%), and gaining gold from a kill seemed to cure poison.

Thanks Clonkinator for your time and effort!
1. I actually wanted to implement this some time ago, but I couldn't get it to work. So if it hasn't been changed by somebody else in the meanwhile, upgrades you bought before a new weapon don't apply to it.
2. That might be a good idea, however I do not recommend to play lonely. Since you still only get the amount of gold when killing enemies you get if 5 players play, but are alone, you may get difficulties dealing with the enemies later on. However, trying it with standard gold doesn't hurt I guess. :wink:
3. Yeah, if you are above your max. HP, anything that changes your HP except for taking damage drives it back to the max, be it AMLA, healing or, yes, poison. Killing enemies actually usually indeed cures poison, although it actually never was intended. However, I'm too lazy to prevent that from happening, and it actually saves you gold, so I guess I can live with that. :?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Oh, and with percentual healing being considered, how about the same for poison? (Although this would be very annoying, unlike when you have 500 HP and it takes forever for the poison to do anything.) I think this would only be fair, but it'll also be dangerous.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Oh, and with percentual healing being considered, how about the same for poison? (Although this would be very annoying, unlike when you have 500 HP and it takes forever for the poison to do anything.) I think this would only be fair, but it'll also be dangerous.
Ah, yeah, of course. Poison will also be percentual then... :wink:
EDIT: Ah, wait, I can't do that. Poison is hardcoded to the engine, disallowing me to change the amount of damage it does. Sorry.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Ooh good, that makes me happy. Well wait, couldn't you give the units something like poison with a different name that did a percentage based amount of poison?
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Ooh good, that makes me happy. Well wait, couldn't you give the units something like poison with a different name that did a percentage based amount of poison?
Nope. As I said, it's hardcoded to the engine; there is no value I could play around with. :(
(I already requested making it changeable for UMC-creators quite some time ago, but for some reason it got rejected)