SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Yeah, that'd be fine, but I'm not sure I'd lower the ones that are below 0%.
I can understand laziness, that's why my campaign will probably not ever be finished. At least I have a friend to help me, or I'd just ditch the project.
Duh, the dark adept has negative resistance already? Which ones? :o
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Sorry, I meant I wouldn't lower the ones that are 0% below 10%. Of course he only has resistance to Arcane, so that would be dumb. I guess make him vulnerable to the ones that are quite obviously lacking in reality, blade and pierce, since he has no armor. Don't lower the fire resistance though, he has an asbestos cloak. :P
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Ah. I planned to lower his blade, pierce and impact resistances by 10%; I didn't want to touch the fire, cold and arcane resistances actually.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Okay, that ought to take care of it pretty good.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Alright, I have one week of holidays now. Maybe I'll update SX today.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

What ever happened to SXClassic? And I haven't seen any new maps lately, just a lack of ones being submitted or are none of them good enough?
nataS

Post by nataS »

[censored] idiots should stop leaving the game at turn one while others are shopping.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

nataS wrote:[censored] idiots should stop leaving the game at turn one while others are shopping.
Um, yes but swearing is uncalled for. Why are you posting your complaint here, Clonkinator can't do anything about it. Just try playing with people like me. :P
nataS

Post by nataS »

Darth Jordius wrote:Clonkinator can't do anything about it.
He must!! Maybe make an echo like "player x is currently shopping"? Would that be possible to implement?
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Meh, I didn't update SX yet, I still was too lazy... Anyway...

@Darth Jordius: SXClassic got removed due to being hopelessly outdated. It was my first SX map you know, and thus I didn't want to update it; instead, I removed it. It really was bad compared to most of the other ones. And about new maps, I haven't seen any new maps lately... :oops:
Maybe, but only maybe, I'll create another new map for SX soon. Maybe even one with a story... :D

@nataS: Sorry to hear that you seem to have had real idiots to play with. Just try to make yourself some friends at the Wesnoth server and only play with those if possible; it makes your life easier, believe me. :)
But well, maybe I can let some text appear over a player that enters a shop. Not too bad of an idea actually; this way you can at least recognize whether a player is shopping or simply doesn't do anything. I put it onto my ToDo-list.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Clonkinator wrote:Meh, I didn't update SX yet, I still was too lazy... Anyway...

@Darth Jordius: SXClassic got removed due to being hopelessly outdated. It was my first SX map you know, and thus I didn't want to update it; instead, I removed it. It really was bad compared to most of the other ones. And about new maps, I haven't seen any new maps lately... :oops:
Maybe, but only maybe, I'll create another new map for SX soon. Maybe even one with a story... :D
That's fine, I rarely or never played it, just noticed that it was missing. And about new ones, well I'm working on one but my campaign has my full attention right now, after work, and school, and a bit of a social life. And redoing my bedroom. Wow, amazing how little attention I have to give to it.
Last edited by Darth Jordius on February 2nd, 2008, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nataS

Post by nataS »

Clonkinator wrote:@nataS: Sorry to hear that you seem to have had real idiots to play with. Just try to make yourself some friends at the Wesnoth server and only play with those if possible; it makes your life easier, believe me. :)
But well, maybe I can let some text appear over a player that enters a shop. Not too bad of an idea actually; this way you can at least recognize whether a player is shopping or simply doesn't do anything. I put it onto my ToDo-list.
You're the best. Now play wesnoth more so I can play with friends!
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hey nataS, if you want a good SX player, I can't help you.

But if you want a great player, just look me up. :P It's about all I play, except for a few scenarios or good RPGs.

Edit: And hey, I just soloed SX Adventure on Mad Mode. See if anyone can beat that. Oh, and with just 800g. :P I used the Dwarfish Thunderer.

P.S. Also nataS, I found a pretty good player on the server called "ghost". He's only been playing for a week, but he really likes and is good at SX.
nataS

Post by nataS »

Darth Jordius wrote:And hey, I just soloed SX Adventure on Mad Mode. See if anyone can beat that. Oh, and with just 800g. :P I used the Dwarfish Thunderer.
I think the SX maps are easier when you play solo.
Darth Jordius wrote:Also nataS, I found a pretty good player on the server called "ghost". He's only been playing for a week, but he really likes and is good at SX.
I'm not Ghost/Lucky etc.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

nataS wrote:
Darth Jordius wrote:And hey, I just soloed SX Adventure on Mad Mode. See if anyone can beat that. Oh, and with just 800g. :P I used the Dwarfish Thunderer.
I think the SX maps are easier when you play solo.
No, just faster and much harder. Try killing all the bosses at once on SX Adventure on Mad Mode.
nataS wrote:
Darth Jordius wrote:Also nataS, I found a pretty good player on the server called "ghost". He's only been playing for a week, but he really likes and is good at SX.
I'm not Ghost/Lucky etc.
Oh really?