SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Golbeeze

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Post by Golbeeze »

Does anyone know how the progress is going for the other SX makers? Such as Voris and -stf-?
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
MCP

Post by MCP »

Mabuse and stf are/were working together for sx in 1.6.
voris

Post by voris »

Golbeeze wrote:Does anyone know how the progress is going for the other SX makers? Such as Voris and -stf-?
I'm getting very close. Almost everything works now. I'll release *something* today even if there's some glitches just to get things rolling. :)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

wow, that sounds great
welcome :D
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Jahar

Post by Jahar »

i am new at this game but i just can't get any of the Survivalx maps!! i try all different builds and i shred the enemys until the bosses start coming and then my guys start dying off. what should i do different. i would apreciate any tips about any of the maps. and yes, i set the level to noob.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

i will work on a tutotrial.
it will be accessable via right click in game, in the prelude and as a readme.

most basic tips:
----------------

1) the most imortant thing:
dont mix ranged and melee damage/strikes. if you decide to fight ranged, get a melee sidearm, but dont grade it up with additinal damage/strikes. if you decide to fight melee, get a net but dont buy aditonal damage/strikes for it.

the reason for that is simple, if you keep focussing on one kind of damage (ranged OR melee) you will do so much more damage efectively.

example:
you have 80 damage and 20 strikes.

divide it both on melee and range equally - you have
40 -10 melee
40 -10 ranged
if you attack you cannot do more than 400 damage
and even on retal you wont do more than 400 damage
(you want to kil the enemy ideally before it can striek abck though)
so with retal you wont deal more than 800 damage.

but if you put 80-20 just on range only, you can do a whopping 1600 damage
see the difference ?

exceptions make the rule but in general every liitle piece of gold spend into the other damage type is wasted. you must absolutely follow this rule, else you will be ALWAYS to weak to fight any bosses.

2.) know the map.

ok, you have been defeated. now its time to take a closer look on the revealed map. which enemies are there ? what damage do they do ? what are their resistances ?
look at the map and think what you coudl do better.

on cantar for example, if you got ass-kicked by fire-dragons, you may want to get a blade/impact zerker.

balde/impact zerker means, this is a melee unit, that uses a berserker-sword and has high resists oth in blade and impact. such a unit wil start as a blade-zerker (as i call it now) since the "normal" spider have blade damage. there is a second, more nasty type of spiders with pierce damage but its is not so common (at least so far ;))

on cantar you will have all the time problems with the spiders so get a balde zerker is absolutely recommended - this unit wil be also absolutely important to loot the caves then, since there are the spiders. give it also impact LATER and he can zerk the fire dragons (while your ranged units dont have high fire armor yet) and zerk the mages (which are using staff in melee)

arcane is good versus drakes and undead (liches, ghosts), so your ranged support should go with arcane. on cantar.

other maps require a more wider arsenal, the difficulty lies here just to get what you really need, to keep a good fire-power st start.

as said i have recognized that there is need for a tutotrial, so there will be one, with good example of CharBuilds and the idea behind them -
example of groups recommened for the map (for expert difficulty)
and maybe even replays.

now i need only someone who makes all this stuff :D
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Locked by request of voris in order to before a more coherent effort after the release of 1.6.

Follow the new SXs, give feedback and offer comments here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24837
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time