SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hm, that's weird. Oh well, I was kind of dreading it anyway. When is the planned release date for the next date? :P
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Hm, that's weird. Oh well, I was kind of dreading it anyway. When is the planned release date for the next date? :P
When I actually am done doing the changes... And currently I'm too lazy to work on SX. :P
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Okay, that is fine. I will just wait (im)patiently. :D
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Where do i get your new version? IN the Add-on list I just found SurvivalXtreme 1.21 and the add-on
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Where do i get your new version? IN the Add-on list I just found SurvivalXtreme 1.21 and the add-on
Yeah, that's because 1.21 is the latest release for Wesnoth 1.2.x (the stable branch). Since I finally switched to the development version some time ago, the new version is for the development branch as well. That means, if you want to get to play the new version, get 1.3.14. There aren't really much new features there compared to the old SX though, so you shouldn't miss out much.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

SX is really weird, well all RPGs and survivals are now that Adepts have two attacks and ghosts have arcane. I like the changes in 1.3.14, but they sure are hard to get used to.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:SX is really weird, well all RPGs and survivals are now that Adepts have two attacks and ghosts have arcane. I like the changes in 1.3.14, but they sure are hard to get used to.
Huh? What is so weird about them?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Well, first of all arcane is completely different than holy, so all resistances are different. Then when a boss is a Necromancer or Lich you can't just buy cold resistance, you have to also buy arcane resistance. Not many units are resistant to both. And the ghost has a much more powerful weapon than before.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Yeah, at this point Dark Adepts beat nearly every unit that exists hands down. I can't think of a single mainline unit that's more than marginally resistant to both cold and arcane, and in the context of SX they eventually become unstoppable in melee as well, due to the Lich's drain.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Hmmm... I see. Maybe I'll add a nerf for the dark adept that removes it's arcane attack again. :twisted:
... but to be honest, I don't really want to do that. Any suggestions what I could do against the dark adept being IMBA?
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

sort the level 1's by 'easy heroes', 'normal heroes' and 'hard heroes', with stuff like the DA, ghost, bat, and so on in the easy bit, and stuff like the mudcrawler and woodsman in the hard section.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Weeksy wrote:sort the level 1's by 'easy heroes', 'normal heroes' and 'hard heroes', with stuff like the DA, ghost, bat, and so on in the easy bit, and stuff like the mudcrawler and woodsman in the hard section.
Nah. That would only be shifting the problem somewhere else, instead of removing it. :(
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

No, don't nerf the Adept, I like being overpowered! :D As to Liches being invincible in melee eventually, megane must have never played against an Arcanister with 15 strikes. :P
Realistically, I'd say that changing the stats on a unit should be EXTREMELY RARE, but in this case you might have to. Perhaps lowering the Adept's arcane damage might help. It'd be nice if you had to pay a certain amount of gold to start with, and units like the adept and ghost would be more expensive.

Anyway, how is the healing thing coming along? Any chance it'll be out within the next month? I'm going to have to start making my own version of SX. I've started work on a map, but I want it to be devilishly hard, and I'm nowhere near finished. I want there to be plenty of traps, like the hail of arrows in Clonk's RPG, and some riddles as in LoC. Hopefully I'll be able to complete it by August... I've got a big campaign I'm working on.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:No, don't nerf the Adept, I like being overpowered! :D As to Liches being invincible in melee eventually, megane must have never played against an Arcanister with 15 strikes. :P
Realistically, I'd say that changing the stats on a unit should be EXTREMELY RARE, but in this case you might have to. Perhaps lowering the Adept's arcane damage might help. It'd be nice if you had to pay a certain amount of gold to start with, and units like the adept and ghost would be more expensive.

Anyway, how is the healing thing coming along? Any chance it'll be out within the next month? I'm going to have to start making my own version of SX. I've started work on a map, but I want it to be devilishly hard, and I'm nowhere near finished. I want there to be plenty of traps, like the hail of arrows in Clonk's RPG, and some riddles as in LoC. Hopefully I'll be able to complete it by August... I've got a big campaign I'm working on.
Hmmm... Lowering the starting gold for adepts actually is no bad idea. This way I wouldn't directly nerf it, but still balance it a bit more. However, one question: If I remove an attack from a lvl-1-unit and it advances to a unit that has the same attack (maybe with another name) back, does it regain the attack?
I didn't start to work on the healing thing yet, sorry. :oops:
I have been quite lazy the past few weeks; but I maybe I'll do it tomorrow.
Hm, about your map, that sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. :)
...also, now that I think about it, I might want to lower the adept's physical resistances a little bit (10% or so). That might be balancing it out well enough. What do you guys think about that?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Yeah, that'd be fine, but I'm not sure I'd lower the ones that are below 0%.
I can understand laziness, that's why my campaign will probably not ever be finished. At least I have a friend to help me, or I'd just ditch the project.