SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Riklaunim wrote:Nice 8)

I did a quick arkanister run on SXWizardOfWar and it has a weak spot - ranged weapons, holy rage would be very good on this map - some non-ranged bosses, undead ;)
yes holy rage rape this map - i think i will cut holy rage out in the version of my newest Map :)

simply kill all the non-ranged bossess without any problems, without losing even time

first run made with the new map - its a bit boring ye, need more harder overall.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

But well, for now will have to live with that. :D

i have done some improvements to my new map - lets see how it turns out :)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

sorry for Triplepost,btw -

this is the current BETA of the MAp -

again, i included the Macros in the Map -

changes on the Macros:

- no Holy Rage
- custom Armybuffs
- changed Music List

as for Difficulty, inspired by Madmode i increased the "brutality"-variable at gamestart by 5

again, its only a Beta, so let me know what you think about it.

EDIT: Version updated.
Last edited by Mabuse on November 17th, 2007, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hehehe, i even may make more Posts in a row, just to separate them from ech other.

Now this Version here is close to be a final Version.
Other Versions hd in last consequence the Problem of AI did not do want i want. (not training units all the time, not going straight to enemy) - it always covered itslef in rough terrain and tried to clutter in groups and ultimatively didnt arrive at all.

so i set "caution" for player 8+9 to 0.0 and activated simplify_movement (or something), and also overworked the recruitment pattern.
(and (some) AI players get also a bit more income)

now ai is much better and the game starts to feel like a challenge - or better said now it works at least like exspected.

here and there may be also a few tweaks being made that i already forgot -

Have Fun with
MountainsOfDoom

Basic Brutality (of creeps) is set to 5.
So the SCN is 5 turns "ahead".

A Non EE Version may follow.
Last edited by Mabuse on November 17th, 2007, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

after a long time test -

there are several things to enhance:

- still chaos dont come across the map, their units just stuck up in the Citadel
(so i will change map Design a bit most likely)

- less guards in the main hall, its just a pain killing them, and doesn add anything (so bloodknight Guards get deleted)

- some of the first Bosses need to spawn earlier (perhaps not with changed design from Point 1)
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Hm. Sounds interesting! :D
When you think your second map is ready for the pack, tell me. I'll then test it and see if it works as desired. :wink:
Also, I think there is no need for a non-EE-version - by now, almost any player playing wesnoth should already have the EE. And even if not - hey, there are already 9 other maps available! And people can still download the EE.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok. :)

Progress so far - this Version has good chance to be final -
but i may confirm this after another long turn

i use now protect_location to help keep chaos and undeads straight on the run -

also increased speed of all chaos recruitments by 2, Dark Elves also got a movement bonus of 1. thats also nice.

i also build in one nasty surprize (well to be exact two, but the second is not really surprising) - no details here

Lich build now only Spiders (and wraiths) no more necrophages - so its nastier for the players

fixed little bug - i spelled Winged Daemon wrong in the recruitment lists and so they were never produced

other little bugs fixed, and chaged some bosses - some got deleted etc.
Last edited by Mabuse on November 17th, 2007, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok, after long run with some good players i say this is final version

we played it through with 800 Gold each (and on xtreme Mode - if this level makes it in the pack then MADMODE is NOT recommended :D (pls keep the brutality +5 at start at all difficulty level pls - though one can try it of course - and i even have an idea how to win this even on mad (on mad it is a must taht nobody die and to be even faster, else creeps will get insane strong ---- ah well maybe this is even possible -)), 5 People (one died more or less early due to underestimating the damage a pack of lizzard masters can deal, another one at grand chaos strike back in front of the dark-elves castle with several bosses around turn 30/35).

-then the remainig three won it. (ok, one died also, but we reloaded).
(and one of the three ahd to leave - but we won it with two players left :D)

I can post REC. this can then also serve as a walkthrough :)

I am satisfied, the difficulty is hard, and there are moments full of tension where players must work together (well, they musr work from beginning on together). it works as desired. team work is a must.

the last battle in chaos keep can be won even in a complete other way.
(the rec i post will also show that)
this time due to chaos actually PLAYED and dint stuck in castle, even the later fight was an enjoyment though also very hard. creeps got amazingly strong in the end, and i was happy that my mate finished the chaos leader in turn 80, right when another 4 bosses spawned (beside the 3-5 creeps the boss summoned every round - these creeps alone are pain in the ass - and 10 rouds later maybe undefeatable or something.)

now i watch rec and then post it -

BTW, this Level also use a modified SHOP Macro - Holy Rage is cut out and not available - we played it without berserk though

i dont mind melee berserk, but ranged berserk is a bit overpowered, despite many guards have no range weapons (and i dont think i will give em some ;))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

hm bad though, that the REC is damaged. we had to relaod several times and stuff :( - however, can post it needed nevertheless -

Walkthrough:

- we played with 800 Gold, Xtreme and 30% expierience required (so all coud level up quickly

Party was
Sidhe Warrior Spirit, Dwrwen Fighter, Dwarven Thunderer, Chaos Invoker and a Leutenant
EE RPG Era

So:
- Party move up. Sidhe goes in Cave with ghoul collect money. other beat up the bandits.

- one play (dwarf preferred) move in the cave left to the castle
the sidhe from ghould cave can support him later (or ven make the cave alone. in this cave is the lich (a leader). (sidhe can after that fly out of cve to other side quickly to support there.

- while one (or two) player beat up the lich all other must go around the mountain, kill in front of the elven cstle a few unit, but NOT attack there. its too strong yet (and even if you mange to break through the defnse (which is not recommend, because either you will die or just take too much time for it anyway trying to do it) and kill all the nasty surprises there - the leader is still very tough - so its impossible to get this leader down at this moment)

- follow the way, somwhere above in the mountains is a shop. rest there and grade up. there are also entrie (only with flyer reachable) to the chaos hall, guarded by an abomination though. from there also flying demons come out. so the wounded hero seeking for some rest should be warned

- then go down further - on the left of the way is a dark elf cleric which summons undead. it must be killed ASAP, follow the way more down (led to chaos castle) there is another shop.

- searching for caves and get gold is always a good idea - also for the flyer it is perfect idea

- killing lich and undead should be done within 20/25 Rounds
(one player (marschall) died here as he thought he could attack a pack of 5 lizzards while onyl having about almost 200 hp on open field)

- so after lich and this undead leader re killed, it about time to move to the dark-elv stronghold in the north. the party is now strong.

- break throgh defnse is still taking a while, inside the castle there may be some nasty moments, even deaths. however, you must hurry though

- around turn 30 some bosses wil appear, well the first bsses spawn (deep in chaos cstle) at round 20 but they may need a while to get there - at round 30 more winged bosses will appear.

- just get in a good defnse position, most likely you will be surprized within the elven stronghold and probably be trapped witout shop

- after you fence this attack off its time to hutrry new bosses will spawn every 10 rounds (Ground Bosses at 20,40,60,80,100 ....) (Fly Bosses at (30,50,70,90....) - of course they are beatable (with some HP and resistences (and perhaps some Holy Extermination ;) agaist demons for example . the spiders may be something else))
(one player (demonologist) died in this attack)

- what we did was that one of the remaining three (demonologist was huge loss) finished off the elven leader ( while two other go directly for chaos leader -) - if both would be flyers it would be even possible to attack the abomination and go directly into the hall (however its risky because the bosses also spawn in this hall ;) - so you may find yourself trapped when sorrounded by monsters)

- however it was only one flyer and staying together is always better ;)
so these two went through the door, and fought their way up. inside the chaos castle are 3 potions of health (and a shop btw) to make things easier (its not like i hate em) - we used two and killed only as many of the guards as neeed, when one guard was killed so e could advance further we did it - not killing all bosses

- after a hwile the third joined the fight in the chaoshall (and he even killed the 4 winged demon bosses (spawned round 50) alone which surprised him with 250 hp as he left the elven hall to heal (after killing elven leader) - on amountain with some luck, fire/blade resistance, holy extermination and mountain bonus (dwarf)). lol -. always take out all creep and attack wizzard. however even here sometimes you may dicide before taking on impossible too kil creep (the creeps are as strong as bosses now ;)) you may go for wiz

kill it and you have won :D
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Last Version Changes:

Ring of Resistance and Health Potion are now displayed as Potions and Ring on Map and not by Chests.

I know there was maybe intened to let the Player uncertain what is in Chests, but this is not nessessary for this SCN. Instead the Players may decide what they want to have/do. Uncertain is only the amount of Gold in Chests :D

This also makes it redundant for me always to tell the others where these items are. :)

EDIT2:
Very last change. Beefed the Abomination in the chasm near chaos Hall a bit up. just to balance it a bit more out, not that flyers have too many advanatges.
Last edited by Mabuse on November 17th, 2007, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Alright, I'll try it out. Sounds interesting so far. If it is even only half as good as your previous map I'm totally satisfied! :wink:
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

It's nice and long :) Didn't had time to finish it :D
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

i have a nice (intact) replay - unfortuanately all died - 4 in Chaos Temple another in Elven Stronghold

the last one a Ghost (Spectre) with 1200 HP and BIG Damage (130 - 15 or whatever maybe a bit more overall) died in front of the Chaos Emperor - Turn 89
sure i made a big bunch of mistakes though ;) - and it all went really good until i made a really bad decision i think, the ghost though rocked and we all hoped he would make it but then got sourounded by creeps which damaged him badly and ChaosLeader finished him then (leader will attack if you are direct near them)

btw ONE last Change i made:

I set the expierience Modificator down to 130% as default again. I think theres no point testing it at 800Gold and 30% expierience and set the default to 600 Gold and 200% - because 200% is a bit too high, and it will take too long to Level

600 Gold and 130% should be ok. finally most players will anyway set it how they think its right

dont know what i thought maybe raising the difficulty but theres no sense at all, the players could be seduced to waste valuable time just to Level.
Last edited by Mabuse on November 17th, 2007, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Duh. I already implemented V4II into the pack. I just didn't update SX again yet. Anyway, besides for the fact that I already changed the XP-modificator to 130% and the gold to 400, I did just the same as with your previous scenario - make the changed macros custom ones and implement it. It will be contained in the next release, so don't worry! :D
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

To make you play Wesnoth... SX SMALL - a small map :) Rather fast if you breake from your starting point :)
Attachments
SurvivalXtremeSmall.cfg
SX SMALL
(9.97 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
flabort

Post by flabort »

hmmmmm.... someone removed wordpad from my start menu.... hmmmm... this will make things difficult.
Why build a bridge over a river, when you can stay at home and play?