Map Pack for the devel branch

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

musketaquid
Art Contributor

Map Pack for the devel branch

Post by musketaquid »

That i don't have the chance to show the maps on this web site, i decided, to make a map pack and post it here.
Although i think the 3 maps, it contains, are not quite enough for a pack, but i plan to enhance it in the future.

Have fun playing the maps!
And let me know of some issues, you don't feel lucky with :wink:
Attachments
muskets_maps_0.0.1.zip
3 maps for the devel branch
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Temuchin Khan

Re: Map Pack for the devel branch

Post by Temuchin Khan »

musketaquid wrote:And let me know of some issues, you don't feel lucky with :wink:
So far I like these maps, but my initial impression is that when playing the Era of Myths, the Devlings are a bit overpowered on Highland Plantation.

Maybe the problem is with the Devlings, though. Check it out and decide for yourself.
musketaquid
Art Contributor

Post by musketaquid »

Temuchin wrote:
So far I like these maps, but my initial impression is that when playing the Era of Myths, the Devlings are a bit overpowered on Highland Plantation.
I played it once with the devlings, and found, that it is hard to say, if it is rather a problem with the devlings or with the map. The devling units don't differ that much from move cost over water. So they easily fly into enemys terretory and back. Now you can say, change the map so, that water is not deviding North and South; or if the map works well with the default era, the flying skill should not be given to most of the devlings. And; if it wouldn't be that much effort, adding a unique water unit would balance the move cost over water terrain, the other imps would have been recieved.

I added a new two player map to the pack.
Here is version 0.0.2
Attachments
muskets_maps_0.0.2.zip
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
JW

Post by JW »

The Era of Myths is nowhere near as thouroghly balanced as the Default era. It probably shouldn't be used to test maps for balance, though I have thought of creating maps specifically for the Era of Myths.