A quicker way to test MP scenarios?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob_The_Mighty

A quicker way to test MP scenarios?

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Hmm, is there a quicker way to test multiplayer scenarios?

I am currently having to reload Wesnoth every time and set up a network game. On my computer this takes a couple of minutes, and it's getting fairly annoying.

Am I being stupid or is this the only way?
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

why not a local game?
You may be able to make it a [test] scenario, in which case you can launch the scenario directly by typing 'wesnoth -t'.
Hmm... if you are trying to test OOS errors or something, I don't think there is a shortcut.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Okay I've read the link but i don't get it.

How do you run 'test mode'?

And when and where do you type 'wesnoth -t'?
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Bob_the_Mighty wrote:And when and where do you type 'wesnoth -t'?
In a console when you start up the game. You might have a fancy desktop that hides this sort of thing by having icons you can just click on or menues, but actually all programs on a computer are started by a command. In this case, you append an option "-t" to the program name.

If you're using a microsoft operating system you will find the console under >programs>accessories somewhere. You can also change the command that an icon runs by editing its properties.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Or easier: Click "execute" in your start menu and enter "cmd".
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde