2p - Isle of Mists [1.15/1.16]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides

Re: 2p - Isle of Mists [1.15/1.16]

Post by Atreides »

Another run and once again turn 40 was the limit without cheating. I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet. : - )

This time tried holing up in the central keep but that meant no income after a while.

I also find that the timing of terrain change makes it very difficult. One thing that it really undermines is the enemy move forecast. They don't mean a thing if the water recedes for example just before the bad guys turn... hehe.

Unpredictability is the essence of this scenario. You can't be sure what the next turn terrain is. Or when and where the enemy appears.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Atreides wrote: July 13th, 2021, 7:57 pm
Pentarctagon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
100% agree. I should not have replied to NorthDragon's tangential post.
Don't be afraid Atreides, you won't see my riposte to your embarrassing post.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Lord-Knightmare, accept my apologies for the confusion on your forum caused by Atreides.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
Thank you very much, for your intervention here.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet.
Well, the description does make it very obvious that it's meant for experienced players.
This time tried holing up in the central keep but that meant no income after a while.
This tactic does partially work as you have castles and a central hospital but you forfeit income which is used to compensate for any losses.
I also find that the timing of terrain change makes it very difficult. One thing that it really undermines is the enemy move forecast. They don't mean a thing if the water recedes for example just before the bad guys turn... hehe.
Yes, the terrain change happens for the AI side to prevent one exploit from happening. The exploit could have been abused in one-player mode and would result in an easy playthrough. I would not allow such malpractices. :P
Unpredictability is the essence of this scenario. You can't be sure what the next turn terrain is. Or when and where the enemy appears.
Yes, it is intended to be as such. Have you ever tried it with maxed difficulty (+60)? :twisted:
Alternately, you can just reduce the difficulty settings to like -10/-20/-30 to water down the waves.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 14th, 2021, 10:17 am
I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet.
Well, the description does make it very obvious that it's meant for experienced players.
This tactic does partially work as you have castles and a central hospital but you forfeit income which is used to compensate for any losses.
Yes, the terrain change happens for the AI side to prevent one exploit from happening. The exploit could have been abused in one-player mode and would result in an easy playthrough. I would not allow such malpractices. :P
Yes, it is intended to be as such. Have you ever tried it with maxed difficulty (+60)? :twisted:
Alternately, you can just reduce the difficulty settings to like -10/-20/-30 to water down the waves.
LOL! I've only tried it at -30 so far!