Wesnoth card game?

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DuckSauce

Wesnoth card game?

Post by DuckSauce »

Hey there lads, by advice of two friends recently started playing Battle for Wesnoth been enjoying and not enjoying occasionally. Above all I love the art ;) The randomness factor is what I find myself in disagreement with, although I read the faq and linked thread about it and can sort of understand the reasons for keeping it like that.

I'm a hobbyist game/mod developer, just fiddling along with programming stuff and just doing it for my own fun and learning.
Most of the stuff I do is never finished, so far the only thing I released(together with a crew of 8) has been this beauty but then got side-tracked with working on another game.

Anyway, now I again have something brewing, once I started work on a card game for a Half Life 2 mod called Jailbreak:Source, it's been sitting around on my PC for ages and just now I was thinking of turning that into a Wesnoth card game instead.

Although the chance it will ever see the light and be released is slim, I'm still posting here to make sure if using the existing art is allowed. From what I read it is, but my skill of reading legal jargon is sadly at Level 0.

Anyone can give me confirmation? And does it apply to everything supplied with the game itself, or would some fall outside of that?(user contributed art)?
Last edited by DuckSauce on May 9th, 2010, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalajel

Re: Wesnoth card game?

Post by Kalajel »

DuckSauce wrote:…although I read the fag…
I lol'd hard! :lol2:

Edit: there's also this project in the works…
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

The entire game (including all content), and all the add-ons (and the content of the add-ons) on the server are released under the GPL. Feel free to use any of it. :)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

You might choose to get in touch with eyerouge, who's in charge of that project. He's also interested and experienced with various card games and online card game software.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
DuckSauce

Post by DuckSauce »

Kalajel wrote:
DuckSauce wrote:…although I read the fag…
I lol'd hard! :lol2:
There's no error :annoyed:
Ok there was, shouldn't be up so late writing things.
Kalajel wrote:
DuckSauce wrote: Edit: there's also this project in the works…
Ah cool, someone already doing something like it.
I was doing thinking something simpler, but regardless that looks pretty sexy :P

Ah well.

Anyway it's just something interesting to do for me, but I'm already switching projects too much, so I'll probably never carry this on anyway. Regardless good to know the art is available if I do start on it :)