Dungeon Hack

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

theotherhiveking

Dungeon Hack

Post by theotherhiveking »

Hello, After a year of inactivity im back . :eng:

For those that dont follow Freegamer's blog, you might want to check this: http://dungeonhack.uesp.net

And the relevant discussion: http://dungeonhack.uesp.net/forums/view ... 54962c4dd2 (npc, goals and communication)

For the procgen prototypes and other work check the coding subforum. For design check the lore one.

The code is suffering of lots of refactoring and lib add and removal (Removing boost, ogrenewt, lua and xml and put in Bullet, Python and YAML), so things are going very slowly, anyway there is a 99% chance that we dont succeed, but you might find it interesting.

Because we are very few people, we are relying a lot in ProcGen, it would be too hard and too time consuming to design the terrain and quests by hand.

Warning: uesp seems to be very unstable (at least for me) So the site sometimes is awfully slow or down.

Ignore the demo.

Pd: The game now can be compiled in Linux, it should compile in Macs too, but while some users in the community run macs no one has tried to compile the game under this OS.
Last edited by theotherhiveking on March 8th, 2009, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join the dark side.....- We have cookies. COOKIES!! COOKIES MAN!!!! JOIN!!!
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dungeon Hack

Post by Ken_Oh »

Very cool. I'm glad someone is thinking about that dimension to gaming.

My theory is that eventually a few freeware games will do accomplish this to a pretty good degree and then we'll start to see mainstream games rip off what's been made.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

...Woah. You've got some pretty hardcore graphics going on there.
I'll definitely be watching to see where this goes! :D
DUHH
Art Contributor

Post by DUHH »

Wow! A spiritual sequel to my most played game ever! I so hope that you succeed! I mean, since Bethesda has clearly abandoned all that made TES good, someone has to do it, because it´s too awesome a genre to let it die.
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Skizzaltix wrote:...Woah. You've got some pretty hardcore graphics going on there.
When I first saw the thread title 'Dungeon Hack' my first thought was ASCII graphics. I was a little bit off. :lol2:
JW's Wesnoth personality quiz wrote:You are a Skeleton: a lifeless animation of bone controlled by a necromancer. See a therapist.
:augh:
JW

Post by JW »

Hmm...interesting. Will it be available on Windows at some point?
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

JW wrote:Hmm...interesting. Will it be available on Windows at some point?
It already works on my Windows XP computer.
JW's Wesnoth personality quiz wrote:You are a Skeleton: a lifeless animation of bone controlled by a necromancer. See a therapist.
:augh:
theotherhiveking

Post by theotherhiveking »

JW wrote:Hmm...interesting. Will it be available on Windows at some point?
Yup, currently the best OS to run it is gnu/linux, its weird because it started being windows only..

Bullet physics are almost done, but buggy.
Also the gui is having a lot of improvements.

After that we should release a techdemo and start implementing python and YAML.

Also we are discussing how the game will be, stats, combat.. and lore, so if you have something to say to go the forum and give your opinion.
Join the dark side.....- We have cookies. COOKIES!! COOKIES MAN!!!! JOIN!!!