Anonymity Complex

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DarkNecrid

Anonymity Complex

Post by DarkNecrid »

Anonymity Complex-
Genre: First Person Shooter
Platform: Personal Computer
Devloper: Destiny Inc.
Publisher: Destiny Inc.
Support From: Blizzard Entertainment (mainly Beta Testing and morale support, much thanks to Chris Sigaty for this. :P)

This is a game I've been working on for roughly 2 months, and with my small freelance team of 30, I think its time to unveil the information on it. Don't plan release for 1-1.5 years anyways. Fairly big game you see.

On to the info THEN!

Table of Contents:
I-Features
II-Weapons
III-Map List for C1
IV-FAQ

I-Features
*Player / Weapon Customization - As you play in SP or MP mode and defeat enemies your character AND weapons gain Experiance Points. When enough are gotten they level up. In the case of the player, you allocate Stat Points and learn Skills, in the case of weapons, it allows them to be modded and upgraded with better stuff.

*Interesting Story Mode and innovative Multiplayer Mode- With a twisting and deep story to enthrall the players into their screens, and innovative maps that are unique in various ways, each with its own environmental features and destructible things.

*Standard MP Features: Clans, Tournaments, Rankings, Moddability, etc.

*Level Zoning- Maps in MP get bigger/small based on the # of players.

*Co-Op Play - Play the SP missions online in Co-Op for 4, with the maps custom tailored to your # of players, and with bonus objectives.

*Destiny Link - A small program which allows you to load not only this game, but all other games being made by our team, update them, read the daily company/game news, view rankings for all games, talk to your friends on your friends list, or download extras!

II- Weapon List (IE: The things everybody LOVES.)
There are 25 weapons, all which can grow over 99 levels (in SP...its Max LV of 25 in MP.), over the course of the game.

Format:
#

Code: Select all

[Gun Type] Short Description.
1- DE-42 [Desert Eagle] Your standard Desert Eagle. Able to be Dualed.
2- RPL-73 [Light Assault Rifle] A small light AR capable of being Dualed.
3- G4AR [Assault Rifle] Destructive and rapid fire. I like.
4- SG-27 [Shotgun] Spread fire Shotgun. Able to be Dualed.
5- VK-69 [Tornado Shotgun] Rather then a spread, this fires in a circular motion, making it harder to hit, but more damage.
6- RL-0X [Rocket Launcher] Fires missles at a rapid speed.
7- NG-77 [Nail Gun] Fires armor piercing nails at high speeds.
8- SR-0S [Sniper Rifle] Fires high damage bullets, with a scope.
9- RG-X [Rail Gun] Fires a nail at the speed of light. Goes through walls.
10- GL-67 [Grenade Launcher] Shoots nades. Can be modded for tons of different nades.
11-ASP-50 [Automatic Sniping Pistol] A rapid fire sniper gun in the form of a pistol.
12-FT-UN [Flamethrower] Throws flames around. Just watch out for the wind.
13-UZ-DE [Uzi} Small pistol like guns that rapid fire bullets everywhere. Can be dualed.
14-MAG-33 [Magnum] A highly powerful and loud gun. Can be Dualed.
15-RG-FST [Reactor Fist] A guantlet type weapon. Punches enemies and when they connect with land, enemies, or nature they explode in a big blast.
16-WG-FB [Wraith Gun] Drains enemy energy, and when connected to allies, makes their shots powerful at the expense of YOUR ammo.
17-BFG-100 [Big F'ing Gun] A highly destructive gun that crushes its enemies in a couple of shots.
18-QC-55 [Quantum Cannon] Fires spiraling Black and White bullets that bounce off walls. If a Black and White bullet connect they become a HIGHLY explosive Grey Bullet.
19-QG-X [Quad Gun] Fires Armor Piercing, Explosive, Electric, and Ice bullets.
20-RPG-5 [Rocket Propelled Grenade] Fires a grenade by means of a rocket propulsion.
21-Shaar Blades [Dual Blades] Swords that drain the enemies health on each strike and gives it to the user.
22-Katana [Samurai Sword] A highly powerful blade that can handicap its enemies.
23-AC-X [Arsenal Cannon] Fires through its mouth a big fireball that explodes in flames.
24-RPLGB [Rocket Propelled Laser Guided Bomb] Upon firing like a rocket this creates on something a pointer. This pointer shoots lasers everywhere in a large radius. Any enemies within the radius have Bombs thrown everywhere near and on them.
25-Orb of Shaar [Orb] This orb gains energy for each enemy you kill. With this energy it can create a Shield, make you fly, teleport you, make you stronger, make you faster, make you jump higher, heal you, drain your enemies lifeforce, and much more.

[b]III- C1 Levels (C1 stands for Chronicle 1...each "main form" of the game will be a different Chronicle)[/b]
-Gravity Dome: Fly around the level on gravity pads killing your enemies.
-Gravity Dome EX: You are constantly flying. Kill your enemies!
-Dragon's Hall: Hmmm. A button, what does this dooooo? Dang. The dragon is shooting fire EVERRRYWHERE!
-Abandoned Village: Aww. An abandoned Village. All the better to kill people with.
-Village: The above, only not abandoned. Kill your enemies, but make sure to AVOID the Citizens.
-Factory: Defeat your enemies in this factory, but watch out for the deadly machines!
-Command Center: Fight in this Army command center, but watch out for the camera's and turrets.
-Farmer City: My home town! Full of poor people and a 2 schools to kill people in!
-Los Angeles: In this town, you are constantly poisoned. Not only that, but some guy left some guns all around.
-Rome: Kill your enemies before you become the next Julius C.
-New York City: Lots of people, lots of cars, lots of buildings, but most importantly, lots of guns.
-Skyscraper: In this MASSIVE 30 floor level, kill your enemies in something that I liken to be worse then a maze.
-Jungle: Welcome to the Jungle, we got fun and games.
-Lava Cave: Kill those terrorists, but watch out for the Lava!
-Highway: Here, cars may be your worst enemy.
-Temple of Shaar- Watch out for the traps in this temple, they are probably more intelligent then your enemies.
-Dungeon: Watch out for the prisoners. They were put here for a reason, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because they stole cookies.
-Vortex Chamber: As time passes this level breaks apart, until only a Vortex in the center is left. Get into this and kill your enemies while you swirl around!

[b]IV: FAQ[/b]
Q1-Is this game going to be free?
A1- 100% free.

Q2-What games do you compare this too?
A2- The viseral action and destruction of Black with some cool RPG elements.

Q3-Whats the estimated amount of people who will be able to play at once?
A3- While I doubt this will catch on, my team is split in the Western, Eastern, and Central areas of the US, with a couple in Canada and England. This means 5 servers, each server will be able to hold 2,000 people roughly. That means 10k total, but if this should be exceeded, I can easily pay people elsewhere to host new servers.

Q4-Whats the specs that you would need?
A4- While the game is not complete (FAR FROM IT), heres what I would assume:

Minimum Specs:
-1.2GHz
-512MB RAM
-500MB HD space
-128 Vid Mem or more.

Recommended:
-3GHz
-1 to 2 GB RAM
-1GB HD
-1-2GB Vid Mem.

There will be 3 versions of this game planned. A LITE version with  really REALLY low tech graphics, basically for those with 56k.

A HEAVY version with everything, (including Low Tech if you need to have some for some reason o.O)

A LE version (Limited Edition) that will only be avaible for the first 10 days of release, and will include a special gun for SP and MP use, and some cool extras!

All 3 versions will be compatible with Windows. Mac and Linux users, don't fret, you'll get versions too!

Q5- What can I do to help...?
A5- Post comments, ideas (no matter how insane they sound...as long as they fit in the FPS boundary).  I will attempt to keep an up to date "diary" of everything I do over time, to keep you guys up to date!

With Regards,
Hanson Lamb
db0

Post by db0 »

How are you going to pay those 30 freelancers and make money out of this?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Re: Anonymity Complex

Post by Ranger M »

DarkNecrid wrote:A LE version (Limited Edition) that will only be avaible for the first 10 days of release, and will include a special gun for SP and MP use, and some cool extras!
Just announce it all over the place (especially here) so that people know when it is released. (I like special editions)

as for making money I would guess that you'll be accepting donations.
DarkNecrid

Post by DarkNecrid »

Yeah, it'll be donations, but I really dont care if I get anything or not. The freelancers are some of my best friends and we aren't driven by money, rather by providing entertainment to all. (And thats how it should be)
player

Post by player »

url??
-jew