Kill board

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
SmokemJags

Kill board

Post by SmokemJags »

Whenever I play strategy games this is something I always like to view. At the end of a campaign, how many units have I hacked through and how many units has it cost me?

I don't mind losing a paladin or the occasional royal guard or great mage if the battle is a good one, but I would like a sort of tally to go over.

It doesn't have to be overly complex, storing unit name, type, experience, what campaign mission it was killed on, what killed it, and what its favorite food is though... heh.

The simpliest possibility would be an option to check how many units you've killed and how many you've lost. Each time a unit dies, add to the count.

That's a little too simple, but considering this game's units are not really broken down into categories (like in Panzer General a 'tanks' category) it might be the only solution.

It's really a small thing that doesn't have much effect on the game other then having something to gloat over though, so I'll see if anyone likes this idea before I get more into it.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

If you go to Menu -> Statistics, it should give you several pieces of data, including number of kills and number of losses. That number should be cumulative over the campaign.

So, we already have a version of what you suggest. Although I think that a more detailed list would be a good feature. (Also interesting, I think, is a list of what units you ended the game with on your recall list.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

If you go to Statistics, select an item, and press "OK", it gives you a list of units.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Make additional comments here as to how exactly you want to see this implemented.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Ahh there it is. You can even click on the lists of units lost to see a more detailed version of exactly what was lost.
It's perfect and I didn't even know it was there, heh.

As for the whole 'Summary of lost units after each scenario' implementation... I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with how it works currently but it's possibly something to look into expanding and adding more detail too... eventually. :)
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
toms

Post by toms »

First: There is one campaign wich has a kind of reflexion in the end where you get points for the things you have done. It´s A new Order.

Second: It´s quite easy to do it in WML, if you have dire need of it. :wink:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

SmokemJags wrote:Ahh there it is. You can even click on the lists of units lost to see a more detailed version of exactly what was lost.
I went through a similar stage, so I'd say "It's perfect except it's not clear that it's there."

Is there something that can be done to make it clear that those stats are 'clickable'?
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

irrevenant wrote:
SmokemJags wrote:Ahh there it is. You can even click on the lists of units lost to see a more detailed version of exactly what was lost.
I went through a similar stage, so I'd say "It's perfect except it's not clear that it's there."

Is there something that can be done to make it clear that those stats are 'clickable'?
Well, it is selectable (red shows the selected one) like in a lot of other dialogs, but I agree that it's a bit hidden. I didn't think of it myself either before I read this thread. I think i will make a mock-up proposing a redesign of this dialog.