Orc magic users

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ravensshadow

Orc magic users

Post by ravensshadow »

Maybe there could be magic-using orcs or trolls (or goblins)? Just an idea :P :P :P :P
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Hypherstrain

Post by Hypherstrain »

Actually this idea has been rejected many times on the grounds that it would make the races too similar. Assasins already do a great job in the mage-like niche.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

i think he means a Orchish Shaman like in warcraft who can cast blood lust.(blood lust is not an ability every faction has apart from orc)
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I doubtmagic would ever make it's way into another faction, unless they had a new effect that only they could, like a shaman which increased fellow orcs around it when they attacked. Otherwise meh.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

yea tippesy that's what i think too =) good idea dont u think?
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

*nod* It would help the orcs become even more attack based.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

since orc are primarily melee, blood lust works well with them, in lots of other games too.eg. warcraft, heroes.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Hmm now this idea just has to be made into unit heh.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

they actually do have an old orchish shaman but its blood lust ability is "drain" what i think is they need to make a "young" orchish shaman.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

hey how about a blood lust skill that works like leadership but melee only? that would emphasis orc's melee role even more, o yea and not +25% attack bonus perhapes lower? this whould be orc's leadership in a different way(melee based).
Seiryu

Post by Seiryu »

NightBlade wrote:hey how about a blood lust skill that works like leadership but melee only? that would emphasis orc's melee role even more, o yea and not +25% attack bonus perhapes lower? this whould be orc's leadership in a different way(melee based).
Orcs dindn't have units which can use magic did they?
Well I don't think its a good idesa but we can put dark shamans with them maybe.
The N'EX is in my blood.

[Off from Wesnoth]
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Mo currently they do not, but ifthey did it would have to be a shaman or tribal based magic, as orcs are often in awe by such simple things considering it supernatural.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Well, the trouble is that if you add a unit with magical attack to orcs, they will be a little too powerful. I think orcs are good enough like they are now. They just may have some problems with undeads.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

Sorry but i think you guys misunderstood me, i mean blood lust as an ability not magic, orc still dont get magic they just gain a new melee strengthen ability which works similar to leadership.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

I think it is just idea of adding leadership (just under diffrent name and maybe little weaker) to northeners, and honestly, I don't like it. It would be IMO against rule that northeners = quantity not quality.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit