[add-on server] new category ideas

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ForestDragon

[add-on server] new category ideas

Post by ForestDragon »

with the addition of the singleplayer/hybrid modifications, It would be reasonable if there were separate categories for them (so far in 1.13.10, MP modifications have their own category, while SP/hybrid mods don't)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: [add-on server] new category ideas

Post by Paulomat4 »

I too think this is a good idea :)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
The_Gnat

Re: [add-on server] new category ideas

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes it would be helpful. :) On the other hand the two categories could be combined into a single "Modifications" category. Either way the current category system clearly isn't sufficient with the new (and substantial) addition of SP modifications.
Can-ned_Food

Re: [interface] new category ideas

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Maybe I have not completely thought this one through, but shouldn't all Modifications be more or less similarly applicable to either CAMPAIGN or MULTIPLAYER modes? Certainly some would be of more use in certain situations than in others, but the only operational difference is the way they are activated …?