[mainline] Voice acting ?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Heindal

Re: [mainline] Voice acting ?

Post by Heindal »

Mission accomplished. Took me two hours, the first chapter really the longest.
I'm not quite sure if the upload has worked.

(Edit: worked now had to seperate the files *gnarf*)

I've attached the entire english version, overworked the parts of the first chapter (mostly clearing out white noise) and standardized my own procedures to make the whole progress faster. Also changed and standardized tags of the ogg. German version will follow, but later.
Attachments
chapter3-5_eng.zip
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 601 times
chapter2_eng.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 522 times
chapter1_eng.zip
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 748 times
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Heindal wrote:Mission accomplished. Took me two hours, the first chapter really the longest.
I'm not quite sure if the upload has worked.

(Edit: worked now had to seperate the files *gnarf*)

I've attached the entire english version, overworked the parts of the first chapter (mostly clearing out white noise) and standardized my own procedures to make the whole progress faster. Also changed and standardized tags of the ogg. German version will follow, but later.

Great job!!! :D Would you like me to add them to the campaign, if you have not already?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It would be nice if you could do so. I was busy this sunday with operation "shooting star" ;). German version will follow next week. For now I need to make a break.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Heindal wrote:It would be nice if you could do so. I was busy this sunday with operation "shooting star" ;). German version will follow next week. For now I need to make a break.
Fine :D I dont have time to make it now but I will do it in at least a week! (EDIT) Also if you could name the files story1_1.ogg,story1_2.ogg and all future ones like that it would help distinguish between the characters messages and the story! :D

Thanks!
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm not quite sure if I will make dialogues. It takes an enormous amount of time. Alone the number of files would be enormous.
For now I'm happy what I've done in a reasonable time frame. Its not perfect, but ok.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

No problem. It is awesome all the work you have already done! I am working on creating the scenarios and will release them and the language sound packs as addons when they are completed! :D

If anyone is interested in voice acting the dialog for this campaign that would be much appreciated.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Gnat,

here is the german version as a little 'holiday' surprise. My work is done and Tales of Two Brothers now features two different languages (most importantly german :P, sorry just a joke ;)).

Kind regards

Heindal
Attachments
ToTB_chapter2-5.zip
(6.57 MiB) Downloaded 472 times
ToTB_chapter1.zip
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 483 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

A Tale of Two Brothers Voice Packs have now been Released!

Hello, i have now released a add-on The Tale of Two Brothers [+voice] version 0.1. This does not make the base wesnoth campaign have voice acting, but it does add another campaign (which is an exact copy of the Tale of Two Brothers) which includes voice acting.

In order for this to work for your language you then must download A Tale of Two Brother Sound Pack. Now a English and German voice pack are available for all the Story text (thanks to Heindal).

If anyone has comments or feedback that would be appreciated! Also if anyone would like to help voice act the Tale of Two Brothers in other languages please post.

(Go download the pack!!)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks gnat for uploading the pack and the good teamwork. French, Italian and Spain would be cool :D. Maybe I can convince somebody to make Spain and Catalan Translations ;). However we delivered a great concept, which can be used for future projects :).
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Heindal wrote:Thanks gnat for uploading the pack and the good teamwork. French, Italian and Spain would be cool :D. Maybe I can convince somebody to make Spain and Catalan Translations ;). However we delivered a great concept, which can be used for future projects :).
Definitely! Unforetunately i don't know anyone who speaks french or spanish but if anyone wants to help contribute i can paste up the text that needs to be recorded!

Thank you Heindal!

(also it would be great if a somepoint we could do the ingame dialog)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The ingame dialogue would be great, but as I said - its a lot of work. I'm not quite sure is anyone out there is going to do this. And this is a short campaign.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Heindal wrote:The ingame dialogue would be great, but as I said - its a lot of work. I'm not quite sure is anyone out there is going to do this. And this is a short campaign.
Yeah and we would need a groupof people to record each language otherwise all the characters would have the same voice ;) nevertheless if any one is interested in doing the voice of 1character please post!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

The concept seems promising so I downloaded the english version for 1.12, but it doesn't seem to work. (Yep, I have music turned on). I didn't check the german version.

Not sure if it works for you and about what you wanted to do, but the code seems completely wrong. Here's what should be fixed:

Code: Select all

In main.cfg:
#ifdef CAMPAIGN_Two_Brothers_Voice
[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Two_Brothers_Voice
[/binary_path]

# --> Insert here this to have access to your music files at all
[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Two_Brothers_Sound_Pack_English
[/binary_path]

{~add-ons/Two_Brothers_Voice/utils}
{~add-ons/Two_Brothers_Voice/scenarios}
#endif
And then in the actual scenarios:

# You currently have:
    [story]
        [part]
            story=_ "..."
            background=story/Two_Brothers_M1P1.png
	    music=data/core/sounds/two_brothers/story1_1.ogg
        [/part]
        [part]
            story=_ "..."
	    music=data/core/sounds/two_brothers/story1_2.ogg
        [/part]

# The locations are wrong. The music location is not in core, it is relative to the path given in main.cfg
   [story]
        [part]
            story=_ "..."
	    music=two_brothers/story1_1.ogg
        [/part]
        [part]
            story=_ "..."
	    music=two_brothers/story1_2.ogg
        [/part]
You definitely don't need core/sounds in the locations.

I did these modifications and it works now here.
Looking forward to this progress :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you very much whitewolf! I apologize for my foolishness i had previously made the modification of removing "core/music" but i didn't re-upload it. A new version of the add-on has now been uploaded!
whitewolf wrote:

# --> Insert here this to have access to your music files at all
[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Two_Brothers_Sound_Pack_English
[/binary_path]
As for this i found it worked even without adding this code, if you could test my newest released version to verify that it does work without this [binary_path] that would be much appreciated! Thank you
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sure, it works now. My mistake, you really don't need that extra path because you already include it in the music addon's main.cfg. I hadn't checked that.
It works fine :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny