[mainline] Voice acting ?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
The_Gnat

Re: [mainline] Voice acting ?

Post by The_Gnat »

max_torch wrote: July 29th, 2018, 4:25 am Please could some other people try it and feedback if reeve hoban works? He's in the last scenario. Maybe there's just something wrong with my files such that reeve hoban doesn't play
Try re-downloading the add-on from the server. If it doesn't work still than that is a problem enough that something needs to be done. Perhaps some file corruption? It would be bad if half the people have bad voice files... :hmm:
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: A Tale of Two Brothers +voice v1.0

Post by max_torch »

Via the add-ons menu, I deleted and then redownloaded and installed the Tale of two brothers +voice add-on as well as the sound pack but still when I try playing the last scenario Reeve Hoban's voice over does not play I don't know the reason why.

What I did exactly was to load a replay from the previous scenario, run the replay until near the end and then "continue play" at the point where I can kill the enemy leader and then advance to the last scenario. When advancing, when I get to Reeve Hoban, his voiceover does not play.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Anyone want to do Descent into Darkness voiceover now?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Could deliver something in my extended Christmas holidays.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:D I would be happy to code it!
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Glad to see this can really happen. ^_^
Well then without further ado I'll start a thread for this. https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p635724
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Was the German Sound Pack abandoned or is it included in the English Sound Pack?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: February 5th, 2019, 2:12 pm Was the German Sound Pack abandoned or is it included in the English Sound Pack?
For Decent into Darkness both the German and English sounds have been postponed until the campaign is finished being revised.

For A Tale of Two Brothers both German and English are currently up on the 1.14 add-on server but the German only has the story text.

EDIT: Actually the German sound pack is apparently not on the server... :hmm: It was last time I looked but it has disappeared since then... I have re-uploaded it now. Thank you for noticing!

For An Orcish Incursion the English sound pack is almost complete and the German will come next. Here is the thread in which we are working on it! :D