Main things people want added to the game..

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ShaDex

Main things people want added to the game..

Post by ShaDex »

I talked with a few people on the game and these are the things they said the would like added to the game.

- Passwords added to accounts
- Friends list
- Private message system

and i would like to figure out how to sign up for a tournament, or when the next one is..

Tell me what ya guys think..
Last edited by ShaDex on December 29th, 2004, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm here to play to get gosu.. not to noob around like the some.. enjoy
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Adding message system - about this (if my memory is good) users were talking here...
Password - I think it is a good Idea
Friends list - it can help sometimes
An about tournament - yea, it would be nice to know when next tournament will be organized
Last edited by Dragonking on December 29th, 2004, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Post by scott »

I just looked at a game with an integrated in-game AIM client. I forgot which game, but those guys could probably help someone write one for wesnoth. If I remember I'll link it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Caçada Selvagem

Post by Caçada Selvagem »

Password is a great idea
And I swear to defend
And we'll fight to the end
And I swear that I'll never be taken alive
And I know that we'll stand
And we'll fight for our land
And I swear that my bairns will be born free
====================
LUTE CONTRA O SISTEMA
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

One more thing - possibility to give gold to ally
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dragonking wrote:One more thing - possibility to give gold to ally
Please, 1) do a search before posting an idea, and 3) don't post it in an unrelated thread.

On these ideas:

Passwords added to accounts: What accounts? There are no accounts on the official server and IMHO it should stay that way.

Friends List: OK, store it in your preferences file as a list of names that you are "friends" with.

PM system: It depends in what context. If you mean when in the lobby, sure, thats fine. But if you mean you should be able to PM a specific person who you are playing a MP game with, this has been discussed thoroughly before and rejected. Please do a search to see why.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ShaDex

Post by ShaDex »

Ouch......

In that case i believe Wesnoth would need to make accounts then with passwords that way people can not enter on someone elses name.

For example say PG is holding one of his tournaments.. If i had a friend i could simply ask him to enter in the players name and enter the official wesnoth server and play a game with me and allow me to win. So it would be like having someone take the place of another person without anyone else knowing because all the people in wesnoth have to identify a person is their account name which is not protected by anything meaning anyone can simply sign on to that name. With a password my friend would not be able to enter onto that persons account.

And a friends list would be a convinence wouldnt it? .. Also i was wondering where i could find the information on their talk about private messeges?

I dont' however agree with the giving gold to ally's if you think it over you should know why.
I'm here to play to get gosu.. not to noob around like the some.. enjoy
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I would assume that, with PG's tournaments, both sides have to agree they did in fact take part in the match. BUT, the thing is, tournaments and organized gameplay require different features anyway. I could definitely see having a separate tournament server, which did require logins. But i don't think it should be done to the main server.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

An option would be to have it like many IRC servers, including Freenode:

You can enter the server as now, however you can also choose to 'register' your nickname. If you register your nickname, then others can't use it, and it's password protected.

Players would be able to see if other players have a registered nick.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

ShaDex wrote:In that case i believe Wesnoth would need to make accounts then with passwords that way people can not enter on someone elses name.

Dont get the point entering the server and play with another guy nick... I think that is really "childishly"(dont know if that word exist) ^^ :D
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
AkitoScorpio

Post by AkitoScorpio »

Dave wrote:An option would be to have it like many IRC servers, including Freenode:

You can enter the server as now, however you can also choose to 'register' your nickname. If you register your nickname, then others can't use it, and it's password protected.

Players would be able to see if other players have a registered nick.

David
YesI was about to sugest that idea too.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Mkgego wrote:Dont get the point entering the server and play with another guy nick... I think that is really "childishly"(dont know if that word exist) ^^ :D
La palabra es "childish".

Anyways, uhm, a lot of these may/may not be valid concerns, but I really think that they should focus more on ironing all the bugs out of multi first. Me, blessedly, I have nothing to do with this - I just iron out the graphics.

I will say, though, that I like the freenode approach to "accounts".