[interface] sorting during campaign selection

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
taptap

[interface] sorting during campaign selection

Post by taptap »

For someone like me it would be useful to have a campaign selection window that supports sorting. Probably no big benefit but quite some work, but at least I wanted to request it once. As is I have 55 campaigns installed all in an order that is completely intransparent (partly mainline before UMC, partly alphabetical and a lot of exemptions).
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
watbesh

Re: [interface] sorting during campaign selection

Post by watbesh »

As I read the wiki, the order of campaigns seems to be determined by the ranks of the campaigns (rank key in campaign tag).
I am sure that enabling to use other sorting keys is good for players who have many UMC campaigns, but it can be difficult because a large part of 'Play a campaign' window is already used for the campaign description and the portrait of its leading character (or someone/something instead).
Or, just adding filter like the 'Get add-ons' window or the multiplayer lobby might work for many players (but some could not use it because of a trouble with the interface).
My MP Eras and Mods with core units and unusual gameplay (version 1.3.1 for Wesnoth 1.12)