[interface] Making Random Assignment of Traits Optional

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Curtis

Re: [interface] Making Random Assignment of Traits Optional

Post by Curtis »

Drakefriend wrote:Though this is actually a part of the unit's file and is not listed in the main trait list.
Thank you for posting that; I was hoping this wasn't another case of my missing something, since I couldn't find any separate entries for individual units in my units.cfg.
AlexanderK

Re: [interface] Making Random Assignment of Traits Optional

Post by AlexanderK »

Curtis wrote:
AlexanderK wrote:realism? it's a game, not a war simulator and game must be fun.
First, good fantasy must have it's own consistent reality. Second, not having to deal with a pointless frustration would make the game more fun. (At least I have more fun when I can play the game and not have to worry about playing against the game.). Roleplaying games rarely are, and millions of people have fun with roleplaying. I read the Wesnoth mission statement last night, and part of it said that this game was meant to be more roleplaying than war simulator.
Of course it must have proper game setting, when I say realism I mean real world, not the best proper consistent fantasy reality ever which exists in your mind only and considered realism by you. And Wesnoth is more tactical war strategy game than role-playing. Mission statement is only opinion of its creator. If you will play a lot you will see that tactical/strategical elements are prevailing. There are only few missions where you can avoid fighting with "diplomacy", most missions are "defeat enemy leaders".
Curtis wrote:Third, a game doesn't need to be balanced
But it's better for it to be balanced. For example I know several people gave up playing Civilization when they lost their bomber fighting with musketeer or heavy armored tank fighting with pikeman.
Curtis wrote: And I don't see why resilient is particularly advantageous for Footpads.
Try to play Northern Rebirth on the hardest difficulty you will understand why.