In damage calculations a button attack

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
BomSite

In damage calculations a button attack

Post by BomSite »

Now the damage calculate is a stand alone window.
We have to click on damage calculations
then close the window and then attack

1) Or, integrate it in the window attack enemy, so it takes less place and we have to click less
2) Add a button 'attack now' and a 'cancel attack' by the 'go back' to previous window button

I prefer 1, but not every screen is big enough to do so.
What's best?
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
Captain_Wrathbow

Re: In damage calculations a button attack

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

It's not that much of a problem and I doubt anyone would find it worth the work to change it.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Though if someone made a patch, I doubt the devs would object either. I think it would be kind of nice.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

True. But now we just have another idea that is accepted, but will likely never make it into the game because no one will bother making it happen. It seems that idea threads always seem to end either in a lock or like this.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:True. But now we just have another idea that is accepted, but will likely never make it into the game because no one will bother making it happen. It seems that idea threads always seem to end either in a lock or like this.
Pretty much, yes. But every now and again these ideas get implemented at a later date; putting in a feature request at the Bug Tracker increases the likelihood that a developer will pick it up when they're working on related code.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Sangel wrote:Pretty much, yes. But every now and again these ideas get implemented at a later date; putting in a feature request at the Bug Tracker increases the likelihood that a developer will pick it up when they're working on related code.
Oh?: see

Wesnoth Guidelines for suggesting features
3. If your feature request hasn't been already submitted, start a topic about your feature at the Forums
4. If you get positiv results on the forum you can go ahead and submit your feature request using the bug request form.

Because I don't want to spam I had followed these rules.
There where 2 ideas and before posting, maybe it was good to know what one was the best.

I will submit it on gna,
Will see what follow.
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
tsr

Post by tsr »

(Hehe, it also helps to have a good memory for these kind of things and having been around for a tad too long)

I know this idea has been brought up before and it basically boils down to what has been said so far in the thread with an added reservation that it will need more resources since the battle calculations are actually calculated every time they are shown.

/tsr
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I can't remember having troubles with the speed of the damage calculation.
(But I can't remember whether it was too slow before Rusty changed it.)

However BomSite filed a FR [1] and it is and was on my todo list, but no idea
when I get around to implement it.

[1] https://gna.org/bugs/?15307
Nixkreig

Post by Nixkreig »

Personally, I think that integrating calculations into the attack window would work for computers, and for the app on ipod/iphone it's too big for the screen, so they could just make that a difference between the mobile and computer version. That way, for screens large enough to handle the calculations window, you get it integrated with you initial attack menu, and for screens too small for it, you can always get into it the way we currently do. It'd just be a small difference between the mobile version, and given the crashes on the mobile version, I wouldn't be concerned with adding features to the online/computer-based version but leaving them out of wesnoth-mobile, because it already has enough problems without more code.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I dont see any problem with the dammage calculation System.

There you have the percents to see what will be the result of your unit and the enemy unit, I think that is not required BomSite.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide