Special option for increasing the attack damage

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Matthias1217

Special option for increasing the attack damage

Post by Matthias1217 »

I think it would be nice to have an option to increase the damage of all attacks. Kinda like the "experience modifier" in the multi-player set up. The higher the bar the more damage each attack would inflict. This would allow games to move more quickly and more units be killed. And would not change game-play very much kind of like how the experience modifier doesn't change the game much.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Re: Special option for increasing the attack damage

Post by Baufo »

Matthias1217 wrote:kind of like how the experience modifier doesn't change the game much.
Actually, the experience modifier has a huge impact on the gameplay.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

No, it definitely won't be done. If someone else wants to explain the reasons, please do.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

zookeeper wrote:No, it definitely won't be done. If someone else wants to explain the reasons, please do.
The units are currently balanced based on their current attack levels. Experience is made to reflect that as well, but given that the modifier uses a percent-based change, it should affect all units accordingly and does not actually affect how strong the unit is, only makes it more likely to level faster. This is shared by all units.

Adding a modifier would damage would have an effect on the balance of the default factions, particularly the greater the modification was from the norm.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time