movement and attack

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
FFANG

movement and attack

Post by FFANG »

Hi, everyone. I'm new in this (but I read the "warning").
My suggestion is to complicate a little link between the movement and the attack, not because it would be more realistic, but for it would be more useful.
Think of an unit whose movement is 9, for example. My idea is that that unit can, in the same turn,
- spend 4 "movement units" to get itself closer to its enemy,
- spend 4 "movement units" to attack its enemy with a 5-4 attack and
- spend the last "movement unit" to get itself away from it enemy.
This would be useful to hit and run or kill and chase.
Maybe, it can be use to attack more than once in a single turn (if you have enough "movement units").
Please think about. I think this is a great idea.
Thank you.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Well, I am sure you are aware that this would entirely change the gameplay of Wesnoth. Thus I can ensure you this will never happen in mainline. But you are of course free to make an add-on or your own branch.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

This is likely to get locked as FPI.

But, in the mean time, I would like to mention that adding this as an ability ("superior skirmisher" or something) would be nifty.

Balancing a unit with that ability would be difficult, though.
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
im the one you think of

Post by im the one you think of »

This isn't really an FPI but it is an idea that we all know what the response will be, a dev will say "no thanks but you're welcome to do it yourself" and then somebody else will suggest that it it would be a cool ability and then there will be some discussion and then it will die.
Ssshh! I'm secretly male.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

im the one you think of wrote:This isn't really an FPI but it is an idea that we all know what the response will be, a dev will say "no thanks but you're welcome to do it yourself" and then somebody else will suggest that it it would be a cool ability and then there will be some discussion and then it will die.
Did you read my post? :wink:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde