Altering the "Multiplayer" option list

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

Should the Multiplayer interface be changed?

Yes, options 3, 4, & 5 should be condensed into one option
16%
Yes, options 1 & 2 should be condensed into one option
16%
Yes, both of the above
12%
Yes, and they should be made buttons accessabile from startup
40%
No
16%

Total votes: 25

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Noyga wrote:I don't think merging 1 & 2 is a good idea like it is now because one player would probably loose easily the adress of the offical server ... It is bad.
Obviously we would have a button or whatever that resets the address back to the default server. Or better yet, have each typed-in server address be remembered and have the address field have a drop-down menu from which one can pick previously used addresses; the default address would always be in this list.
appleide

Post by appleide »

JW wrote:
Sapient wrote:I would expect a forum old-timer like yourself to know that OAB as stated in the wiki refers to gameplay affecting options.
You expect correctly, but my arguments still stand, even minus the red-herring.

Those options are redundant and should be removed.
There needs to be ways in the game-lobby to have "Fill all Slots with AI" or "Fill all slots with Network Players" or "Fill all slots with Local Players". Currently, the only way of doing this is through the multiplayer menu.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
JW

Post by JW »

appleide wrote:
JW wrote:Those options are redundant and should be removed.
There needs to be ways in the game-lobby to have "Fill all Slots with AI" or "Fill all slots with Network Players" or "Fill all slots with Local Players". Currently, the only way of doing this is through the multiplayer menu.
Wait, that makes no sense. The game lobby is where players wait while they are looking for a game on the server.

Try explaining what you mean again.
WildPenguin

Post by WildPenguin »

I believe he means buttons in the game creation menu to automatically assign all slots to a particular 'player', such as AI, local, networked, etc. Good proposal as I imagine it would become quite tedious to assign many sides manually.