Traits for commanders / other 'free' units?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
scott

Post by scott »

So Na'enthos' idea applies primarily to multiplayer?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

Well.. yes. But that doesn't mean I'm opposed to giving traits to commanders in campaigns.
He who would travel happily must travel light.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Haibane

Post by Haibane »

I support idea of random traits for multiplayer commanders, multiplayer would be more interesting sometimes (and it's true less fair, fe. quick commander can have slight advantage at some maps with more recruit points, but that works for other units similar, it's meaning of traits). Can be in campaings as well, why not (but must be possible to disable/turn it on I guess).

It's not really important and it won't change/improve gameplay too much, but it's still good idea imho.
If it's all a dream, now wake me up. If it's all real, just kill me.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I agree that having random traits possible for MP would make it more interesting, I think the effect would be minimal, and possibly include another option, and OAB, right :P

BTW, welcome to the forum, fellow Haibane lover.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
JW

Post by JW »

Thrawn wrote:I think the effect would be minimal
Quick.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Haibane wrote:I support idea of random traits for multiplayer commanders, multiplayer would be more interesting sometimes (and it's true less fair, fe. quick commander can have slight advantage at some maps with more recruit points, but that works for other units similar, it's meaning of traits). Can be in campaings as well, why not (but must be possible to disable/turn it on I guess).

It's not really important and it won't change/improve gameplay too much, but it's still good idea imho.
I love your name, your avatar, and your location. Period.

Welcome to the forums, and please ignore our quarrels, discussions and madness attacks if it helps you being at peace.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Haibane

Post by Haibane »

I feel bad about hijacking this topic (sorry), but thanks for a welcome.
If it's all a dream, now wake me up. If it's all real, just kill me.
Jym

Post by Jym »

turin wrote:
Jym wrote:Undead provides poison resistance.
False. Giving the trait undead to a normal unit will NOT provide poison resistance. Undead resist poison not because they have the trait 'undead', but because the race 'undead' has the characteristic not_living=yes. This is the same reason boats cannot be poisoned - but boats do not get the trait undead.
OK. Sorry. I guess I was fooled by the in-game description of the trait.
If a campaign designer placed an undead unit in a scenario, but forgot to give him the treat "undead", he would still resist poison. And if he for some reason gave "undead" to a normal, non-undead unit, that unit would not gain poison resistance.
OK. Thanks.
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.