New terrain types: holy ground and cursed ground

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
mbabuskov

Post by mbabuskov »

Sangel wrote:Fair enough. Get yourself some dwarves, pronto!
I learned that very quickly. Elves just die too fast with their low defense in caves. I recruited dwarfes and recalled two light mages to heal them. It was enough for "The Lost General". We'll see what comes next.

Well, enough of Wesnoth for today. Have to go back to real life ;)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Eponymous-Archon wrote:Couldn't we just call it Holy Ground (the appropriate term, to be sure) and have it be implemented by constant day?
I don't think holy ground and constant day are synonymous. For example, thieves are chaotic and are adversly effected by constant day, where as they are not hurt any worse by holy weapons. To me, holy ground hexes should add the type 'holy' to all attacks by creatures standing on them. Not that this is feasible right now without advances to the code...
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

Darth Fool wrote:
Eponymous-Archon wrote:Couldn't we just call it Holy Ground (the appropriate term, to be sure) and have it be implemented by constant day?
I don't think holy ground and constant day are synonymous. For example, thieves are chaotic and are adversly effected by constant day, where as they are not hurt any worse by holy weapons. To me, holy ground hexes should add the type 'holy' to all attacks by creatures standing on them. Not that this is feasible right now without advances to the code...
Well, I was going to propose to reduce the amount of damage done by holy attack to 50 against loyal units (mostly mounted and armored foot type). Like that you will get a significant difference between chaotic and loyal units even though they are not undead. I think that the constant light should be use for keep from loyal leaders and constant night for keep from chaotic leaders. But allowing an holy attack for any unit standing on holy ground is nice too. Well maybe it should be restricted to non-chaotic unit.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!