Proposal: Do not list units to recall if not necessary

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
tefkab

Proposal: Do not list units to recall if not necessary

Post by tefkab »

I think a unit should not be listed if it "makes no sense" to recall it.
This is the case e.g if you can recall a level-1 unit with 0 exp for 20 gold while recruiting costs e.g. 15.

Proposal: Do not list a unit if
- recruiting costs are lower or equal to recalling costs
- it has less than 10% exp
- it has no user-changed name
miyo

Post by miyo »

I don't want units with right traits (for me) to be removed from my recall list. I think the solution would be allowing people to delete units from recall list.

- Miyo
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Now I definitely like that idea... deleting units from the recall list :D

Post by Guest »

You're right, forgot the point with the traits.
But the traits are not displayed in the recall-list, are they? In that case you have to recognize the generic names of all the units with the right traits.
Or you have to change the unit's name. And in this case it will not be deleted.
Perhaps a unit can have some "checkbox" where you can indicate that you want to keep that unit.
Nevertheless, I could live with your proposal of explicitely deleting the units.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Anonymous wrote:But the traits are not displayed in the recall-list, are they?
There is dialog box on left side of the recall list, when you select (click) unit it shows stats in detail.

- Miyo
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

My vote is to dont auto remove units as you could not allways be capable of recruiting the same units... Think in thugs, footpads and poachers from the isle of the dammned, you can recruit them in only this level but you could recall them later.
If the player want to remove it ..ok, just a delete button at in the list will be fine.
I usually end recalling all the units even o xp elvish fighters just because I like the feeling about having a nice party.
Maybe I should make a scenario where you are not allowed to recruit units.. only recall old ones. :-)
lynx

Post by lynx »

I don't like it either. It's just of the things a good tactician has to learn. But it would be good if someone added it to that strategy guide. ;)