Where is Turin (Split from "Gali's Contract" in Add-on Feedback)

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AxalaraFlame

Where is Turin (Split from "Gali's Contract" in Add-on Feedback)

Post by AxalaraFlame »

UnwiseOwl wrote:I can agree with all of those.
I think that GC was the last campaign that Turin made for the IE before he left, and it's a little underdone, but with a bit of work it could be a nice little campaign.
Where is turin, he is "gone"!? :o
UnwiseOwl

Re: Gali's Contract

Post by UnwiseOwl »

He's been "gone" for a long time.
Just not interested in Wesnoth stuff anymore, he still exists, if that's what you're asking, just not in any way that contributes to the IE. :(
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

He has posted more than 11000 posts! :x He is the greatest poster!! He cannot just disappear...
Where is he now?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Thanks for your feedback, guys, I'll take it onboard when I do a complete review of GC, which shoudn't be too far away.
:D That'd be really awesome.
AxalaraFlame wrote:He has posted more than 11000 posts! :x He is the greatest poster!! He cannot just disappear...
Where is he now?
That's the way of internet forums. People come and people go. Turin probably just lost interest in Wesnoth, for what reasons only he knows. I doubt anyone here knows where he is or what he is doing now, but the fact remains that he hasn't been around here in quite a while (it's been almost a year since he last logged into his account), and that's unlikely to change any time soon. This is not the place to be discussing that, however.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Oh I forget a point, maybe several, I will send them all here if I can recall them some time.

I found that GC does not have any portraits, nor do any of turin's campaign has character portraits; except for SE, but its portraits are crude and made of terrible quality. I wonder why don't you guys seek for some other art contributors' help or at least get something to decorate them. After all portraits will make characters look cooler and more refreshing :)
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

AxalaraFlame wrote:He has posted more than 11000 posts! :x He is the greatest poster!! He cannot just disappear...
Where is he now?
... not to mention that post count is something very unimportant. Quality is the key, not quantity.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I found it a little irrelevant too now, but my idea is such a man who have posted so many stuff must love wesnoth very much, cannot just disappear.
And no distract anymore, plz. Talk about the feedbacks. :)
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Please don't use this subforum to carry on conversations not directly related to add-on feedback. Not only does it clutter up threads that exist primarily to collect data, but in addition, not many people visit this subforum, so the people who could actually answer your questions about turin won't see your posts. I recommend either User's Forum or Off Topic as the place to continue this conversation, AxalaraFlame
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where is Turin (Split from "Gali's Contract" in Add-on F

Post by artisticdude »

Sigh.

What Thrawn said (and what I mentioned earlier). Therefore, in the interest of keeping the Campaign's topic in Add-on Feedback free of clutter, I've split this entire tangent to Off-Topic. I blame myself for not doing that to begin with.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

artisticdude wrote:Turin probably just lost interest in Wesnoth, for what reasons only he knows. I doubt anyone here knows where he is or what he is doing now, but the fact remains that he hasn't been around here in quite a while (it's been almost a year since he last logged into his account), and that's unlikely to change any time soon.
I actually have had a little contact with Turin recently. I read some of the posts on his blog, commented on one of them, and told him about the revised Orcei Gladiatores.
He was pleased that there is still some interest in the IE, even if he's not involved anymore.

He's probably not coming back, though. He said he's "moved on" from Wesnoth. So be it.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

sigh...he left aftre all.
Now who is maintaining his campaigns? SE, GC, Afhelm the wise, fall of slivium, orcish gladiator escape, and EoV?
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Turin left long before you came here... so, why are you so upset with it?
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I am upset because I play all his six campaigns. I have even prepared a long list of suggestions and improvements of SC, some are real bugs never get repaired. Now I know nobody gotta to update it anymore!
alluton

Post by alluton »

If you already have lists of upgrades and bugs perhpas you could volunteer as new maintainer?
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I am a noob at any kinds of programming. Maybe the extent of famliarity what I reached in campaigns already made me a master advisor, I am after all a noob :oops: