What do you do in the real world?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Re: What do you do in the real world?

Post by Daravel »

Hulavuta wrote:Bad as in hard, or bad as in poorly written?
Both! 1.5 hours for 3 essays, spent 45-50 minutes on the first question, meant I had to rush the last two and the final question was pretty much made up rubbish as I didn't actually know the answer, but, it won't make a difference overall, I still pass - that's all that matters.
lipk

Post by lipk »

I congratulate you, o' Master of Forensic Psychology! Enjoy your freedom, and khm... well... you're now a sort of mind-reader, aren't you? So you know what I'm thinking about? :wink:
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

Starting my sophomore year of college in a few months. Physics major, and planning to go into astrophysics later on :geek: . I race road bikes, love to ski (alpine of course), and hike whenever I get the chance.

As for music, I'll listen to and love any kind of rock. Never really tried jazz, but I don't know why. Do you experts have any recommendations?

Religion: I was raised christian but am an "atheistic agnostic", meaning I acknowledge that the position of the pure Atheist is logically equivalent to any religious position (i.e. unsupportable). However, I live my day-to-day life like a pure atheist, acting with the assumption that god(s) does not exist.
battlestar

Post by battlestar »

Studying medicine, while listening to nightwish, irish rock, or any other types of music. Unlike Pyro, who plays organs, I study organs. No religion, what's a good one out there?

Best,
LUA: Llama Under Apprenticeship
Hell faction: completed
NathanWillow

Post by NathanWillow »

I cook, I bake, I write blogs, i'm a freelancer, so I'll do whatever it is that can occupy my time.
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

I'm a student at a regional arts program, I major in Drama. All of this I do in Canada, and I just finished grade/year 11 (junior for you Americans). I love wesnoth and have been playing it for a very, very long time now. Years before I ever made an account. I got hooked as a young kid, and I miss the blue robed mages, especially the girls; they looked really cool. I know nothing of computer programming but I'm handy for figuring out the general stuff. I love jazz, rock, and every type of music under the sun. I love how friendly this community is, and I love seeing the game being developed, nostalgia be damned. Best of luck to everybody, and to the first commenter, getting a masters degree in anything is not boring at all. Oh, and when I go grow up, I want to be the very best, that no one ever was.
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

Ok, suppose it won't hurt to throw in my 2c worth for old times sake.

I work in a dodgy 'second hand' shop that it to say a pawnshop (no, not a pr0n shop) - I sell stolen tvs and stuff, sweep the floor and listen to grandfather jazz (which I detest).
I have completely discarded my training since I no longer fight except to protect self and family.

Religion: kind of a mixture of old-school paganism and African anamistic beliefs.

-thanks, bye.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That PhD didn't work out, huh?

(I don't believe you - I think you are a storyteller, in the real world.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Carnival! Good to see that your still with us! :)
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I am with you always!

The PhD was postponed, trust me, after 6 years of study...
and yes, I'm as storyteller in real life, but some of the stories I tell are true. :lol2:
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Grandfather jazz? The name is so strange I am tempted to hear some...well, maybe not. I can't imagine grandads and jazz in the same music.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Composer, pianist, percussionist—also amateur conductor and I dabble in a little jazz.
But still a student.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

High school student.

Also aspiring programmer, very very amateur artist, and very very amateur musician. I wish I could be good at all three, but it seems the only one I have any natural talent for is programming. (and that's still nothing exceptional) The others I enjoy and am very interested in, but I'm not skilled with at all.

IMHO, school is very boring, unnecessarily time-consuming, and unproductive with the time it does take up. I often feel like I learn more during the summer when studying stuff on my own. (Right now I'm learning C++)
MCP

Post by MCP »

I am a research and software engineer in Air Traffic Management research. I work for a company who contracts from NASA/AMES and the FAA. I do everything from debugging software to publishing scientific papers. Hopefully later I can learn more math and physics, and become a teacher some day.

I spent many years practicing Judo and Tae Kwon Do. I now exercise every day which helps with my other hobbies, including day hiking, back packing, and bicycle riding. I live in California so it's a really nice place to do these year around.

I love sitting down and listening to music. Most of the music I enjoy listening to is usually considered 'Progessive.' I hit up the http://www.progarchives.com/ and look around until I find something good. So far it's been my best resource for finding new bands.

Boldek wrote:Grandfather jazz? The name is so strange I am tempted to hear some...well, maybe not. I can't imagine grandads and jazz in the same music.
Jazz was definitely around when my grandparents were kids, see wikipedia for a source as to when jazz generally began (early 20th century).

I like to imagine a Jazz Marching band, and how quickly it all falls apart.