Happy holidays and happy New Year!

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hulavuta

Re: Happy Holidays

Post by Hulavuta »

Anvil? I thought for sure that it was a graduation cap!

Anyways, merry Christmas to all, hope you all have a great time! (I'm not having such a great time since I know how much work I'm going to have to do once i return to school....)

Anyhow, I've opened my Das Keyboard and I have to say that it is quite amazing. O_O
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Happy holidays to all! (and please, leave dogmatic endoctrinement out of it, not everybody share the same arbitrary beliefs.)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Happy Holidays Everyone!
...I'm not completely late yet, right?
OffTopic:
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Happy Christmas.

And seriously, to me saying Happy Holidays is too much political correctness. As far as I'm aware it was done to avoid offending people of other faiths, who as it turns out, actually celebrate Christmas as well, in some cases to a greater extent. If it were up to me, PC would be illegal.
tyler

Post by tyler »

13arrage wrote:You mean Merry Christmas.

Clearly, he is referring to Festivus.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Merry Christmas every one!
Shinobody wrote:Happy Holidays Everyone!
...I'm not completely late yet, right?
OffTopic:
Note the anvil has an electric plug on the side. Maybe that's how the runesmiths get their lightning on their hammers....
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Radh

Post by Radh »

Happy Holidays all.
I hope it was enjoyable.
Back to playing Wesnoth!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Happy St. Stevens Day, some parts of the US that are still 12/26 XD
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Happy Holidays!

For those who celebrate Christmas, you can thank the Pagans for it being in the winter.

Unless you’re in the southern hemisphere, in which case, I am jealous. I want an outdoor BBQ!
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

ancestral wrote:Unless you’re in the southern hemisphere, in which case, I am jealous. I want an outdoor BBQ!
33°C is less than comfortable for my taste for any kind of celebrations.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

shadowmaster wrote:33°C is less than comfortable for my taste for any kind of celebrations.
You’re right; at least in 33°F you have a pretext for eating minstrels.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Happy holidays/Chrismas/Winter Solstice/whatever you call it! :D
I may be a bit late (it's 27th of December here), but I was doing Chrismas and school related work, rather than posting on Wesnoth forums. Also, here in Czech Republic this year's Chrismas were tainted by V. Havel's death (not completely unexpected, but I was still genuinely sad :( )
I also wish a happy New Year in advance!
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

MRDNRA wrote:And seriously, to me saying Happy Holidays is too much political correctness. As far as I'm aware it was done to avoid offending people of other faiths, who as it turns out, actually celebrate Christmas as well, in some cases to a greater extent. If it were up to me, PC would be illegal.
I don't want to derail the thread, but just in case that statement is directed towards me, I'm just gonna say I'm usually on the same side than you, I often think that way too (well maybe not the illegality part ;) ), and I myself very much say "Merry Christmas" (well, the french version) even if I don't believe in anything christian related, but my comment was more aimed towards a certain person quoting verses from a certain religious textbook. I get edgy around those people.

End of the discution on my part (at least publicly, feel free to PM me if you feel like you need to continue this) :)

And happy new year, while we're at it ;)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Wow, it wouldn't feel completely like Christmas without a good, unnecessary fight.
Let the flamewar begin! .:
Actually, why do you even care? You don't believe anything "Christian related", yet you say "Merry Christmas" (or equivalent etc.) , AND berate someone for saying exactly that? Aw, I forgot. He also used the fact he has right to believe whatever he wants. It is not like Crushmaster commented on any of posts here, right? No. You did, and MRDNRA did. What for?
You know who I get "edgy" around? Around people who wave their personal beliefs around, and try to force them on others.
So, Happy Winter Solstice (And Any Related Religious And Secular Holidays Celebrated Around This Time Of Year Including But Not Limited To Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Hogswatch, Shadowmas and Holidays) and Gregorian Calendar New Year!
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Whoooooooooa. Chill out there tiger. Your heading on your post should have been a dead giveaway for you not to post it. Why do you have to ruin our fun all the time? :? I think it's great to at least wish others a Merry or Happy whatever despite your beliefs... Isn't that the point of the holidays? No matter our nationalities, race, color, ethics, or beliefs, we can all come together and just coexist? Freedom of religion right? Unfortunately, some people have to spoil it for me. :(
Shinobody wrote:You know who I get "edgy" around? Around people who wave their personal beliefs around, and try to force them on others.
As for this, I seem to remember that you tried to force upon us the idea that afros were racist. Let's not get too hypocritical. I was beginning to like this thread.
Anyways guys, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!