Funniest spambots you've seen NSFW

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Colouredbox

Funniest spambots you've seen NSFW

Post by Colouredbox »

So what kind of funny spambots you've seen somewhere, sometime?
Last edited by Colouredbox on August 27th, 2011, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Funniest spambots you've seen

Post by Iris »

How about the author of this (warning: strong potentially offensive immature language).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I still remember some spambots on the wiki (of which we luckily got rid thanks to zaroth and Crab) which tried to get their spam text from a server. However, as this server seems to be down often, sometimes the spam was just a "no text to spin could be obtained from XY" error message. :lol2:

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

This was pretty funny from [acronym=King Arthur's Gold]KAG[/acronym] forums, also not for the conservative people :P:

She told me she had some money in her desk, I could borrow. I made a mistake and looked her dresser, and found this.
link removed
Should I tell her I saw it? Should I ask her how often does she use it?

A really smart spambot I must say, they even kept the thread because it was so nice. =)
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Erm, could we get a NSFW tag in the title or something? o_o
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
enchilado

Post by enchilado »

This one turned up on another forum a while back and I found it hilariously strange (contains coarse language):
Spoiler:
I mean really... "Fitted caps are large because they leave fit you comfortably because they acquire been specially fashioned for you"?!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Please do not repaste any links from spammers. Ever. Not only that defeats the purpose of deleting the actual spam, but some links may actually be exploits awaiting to catch the unwary.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Colouredbox

Re: Funniest spambots you've seen NSFW

Post by Colouredbox »

Spoiler:
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

This thread about the spambot that didn't seem to try to scam me out of anything: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34004

And I still can't believe anyone thought I actually was falling for the trick (there wasn't even a trick, they didn't even ask me for anything).
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

There was. If you'd responded you'd be added to list as valuable "consumer" who actually reads spam, rather than just deleting it right away, and sent more, since it would be more effective.
Whoa, it wasn't so obvious five minutes ago. I'm smart! :P (But srsly, does my theory make any sense?)
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Shinobody wrote:does my theory make any sense?
No.
averyimaginativename

Post by averyimaginativename »

This is, if not funny, at least interesting:
Бест пенис енларжмент продуктс хере!
Топ пенис енларжмент анд мале енхансмент продуктс ин тхе маркет. Онли тхе бест пенис енхансмент продуктс ин оне пласе!
Висит Ноу! http[removed].ru
The really weird thing is I got these so often I ended up just blocking all Yandex addresses.

If you don't know why it's funny, it's because the alphabet is cyrillic but the language English
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

haha, it's so hard to read English in cyrillic, it's like reading French with German pronouncement.

Anyway, fresh spam from User's: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34859
It was funny because it's the first time I've seen spam advertising UMC. And when I saw the subject, I thought this is yet another RNG hater or someone banned from the server.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Shinobody wrote:There was. If you'd responded you'd be added to list as valuable "consumer" who actually reads spam, rather than just deleting it right away, and sent more, since it would be more effective.
Whoa, it wasn't so obvious five minutes ago. I'm smart! :P (But srsly, does my theory make any sense?)

I get so much spam it didn't matter either way. Decided to have fun with a spammer who "gave me something for free". And see what happens when you actually RESPOND to some bot spam.

I have yet to hear from the same guys...was hoping they'd send me more money or something =(
(TSI if you are reading this, I am just joking. I'm not that stupid -_-)
~Sierra