Music discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Re: Music discussion

Post by Dunno »

I've recently found a very interesting article about Chuck Berry and his impact on modern culture. Very well written, I loved it. Here's the link:
http://goheadon.blogspot.com/2012/01/why-it.html
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

MercyME

Favorites:Move and So Long Self

EDIT: also DCtalk, but they broke up a while ago. :(
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

I like most Christian bands, but some heavy metal, heavy rap, and things like that can drive me a little bit batty. I like Newsboys, tobyMac, DC Talk(broke up), MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Brandon Heath, and many, many others. Some of my favorite songs are I'll Be, Lose My Soul, Jesus Freak(which is about as heavy as I can go :roll: ), I Can Only Imagine, Courageous, White Flag, Give Me Your Eyes, and many, many, MANY more. Pretty much, if it's a Christian artist, and it's not too "rock", I'll enjoy it.
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Currently in love with:
Two Door Cinema Club
Modest Mouse
Death Cab for Cutie (always have been, always will be)
Timshel
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Last edited by Blarumyrran on January 26th, 2015, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Just to add to the craziness here today :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtL6YaxuiIA
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Actually, this fits better, imo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmW17QvUhRM
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Cooley

Post by Cooley »

Currently enjoying new track of Fall Out Boy - My Song Knows What You Did In The Dark, really glad to hear from them after a pretty long silence.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Last edited by Blarumyrran on January 26th, 2015, 10:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Decided to necro this thread with one of my favorite albums at the moment: Of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks

Anyone else familiar with this band and their sound?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

I hadn't heard of Of Montreal, but it was an interesting experience.

I wanted to stop into this thread to recommend Spotify for music streaming. The premium service ($10/month) is 320kbps and free service is 192kbps (Ogg Vorbis.) I can hear the difference with the 320kbps, and it has rekindled my love of music. You can play on demand, make playlists, and start personalized radio stations where you can thumb up/down. My understanding is that Spotify's personalized radio is not as smart as Pandora, but personally I've been impressed with its "intuition". You can download tracks to listen offline (albeit encrypted.) Spotify is available in a lot of countries, but not all. There are desktop clients for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, plus it's available for many phones. It's also available in your browser, but that takes away some important features. One feature of the desktop version is the add-in apps, like musiXmatch, which gives you album art and syncronized text lyrics. But again, the main thing is the sound quality.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I've considered using spotify, but I never seem to find the motivation to actually check it out. 10 dollars per month for infinite music streaming is a pretty good deal.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Personally I find almost all music from https://plug.dj/ , nice place to see what others like.

For downloads I have relied only on youtube for last 3 years, only for few songs that were not there I had to spend more time locating file.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I honestly didn't expect to find another plug user on this forum. I personally used it way too much before the big update (had about 20000 points) and still use it occasionally when I want to widen my horizon. It's always nice to hear what others listen to, and often I find things I like as well.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Well, sent friend request in any case. (Proditor)