Music discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johndh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by johndh »

A fun little song about stereotypes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCgx8zM3woQ
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
EliFree

Post by EliFree »

Poets of the fall, latest album
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Ehhh. Let's start putting up NSFW warnings on youtube links guys. Thanks.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I like The saga Begins by Wierd al. It's also kinda funny.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
johndh

Post by johndh »

Gambit wrote:Ehhh. Let's start putting up NSFW warnings on youtube links guys. Thanks.
Was that for me? :oops:
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

EliFree wrote:Poets of the fall, latest album
:o Odd, I just heard one of their songs (for the first time ever) in the mobile version of Death Rally. "Can You Hear Me", I believe the title was. Normally I'm not too into that genre, but I actually liked that song. I'll have to check out some more of their stuff at some point... although it seems like it's usually the case that I hear a song, like it, then go and find out that all of the singer's other songs sound nothing like the song I like. :(

I've been a long-time fan of Five for Fighting, which, as Wikipedia does it, does "piano-based rock". The vast majority of his songs are so-so or just plain bad, but there are about a dozen that are really awesome (and have about a thousand plays each in my iTunes library :P ).
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Gambit wrote:Ehhh. Let's start putting up NSFW warnings on youtube links guys. Thanks.
How can music be NSFW? :shock: You mean like because of lyrics? If that's what you mean, it's ridiculous (at least to me) since the line is quite blurry... if there's one f**k in a song, that's insta-NSFW? Then what if there's no cursewords (if that's what they're called) but lyrics criticize politics and world and stuff, it's NSFW too? I mean, like... this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ziWx-iISrA (NSFW WARNING LIKE GAMBIT SAID) is NSFW-music because it has lyrics about war and stuff? :o Or do you mean the most stupid thing ever; if the music sounds "evil", that makes it not suitable for kids or work? Since that's the hardest definition when it comes to drawing the line, and also it's offensive against people who like the kind of music by making the generalization that "all metalheads kill people and worship Satan" and other things like that... :?

Sorry I'm just confused what qualifies as "NSFW" when it comes to music, so I'd want to know... I'm not offended or trying to offend anyone else though, so if it seems that way, I apologize.

PS: I've been listening Havoc Unit's album "h.I.V" repeatedly for like 100 times. It's the best album ever released by any industrial metal band, and ever will be, or at least in a long time, along with Rammstein's "Reise, Reise" and Machinerie Perfect's "Exotic Dark Matter". Perfect music is perfect. ^_^
Check out my sprites!
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

woodmouse wrote: How can music be NSFW? :shock: You mean like because of lyrics? If that's what you mean, it's ridiculous (at least to me) since the line is quite blurry... if there's one f**k in a song, that's insta-NSFW?
Fatboy Slim album "You've come a long way baby" got a sticker that says "Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics". Just.Because.One.Title.Reads."F****** in Heaven" (so goes the refrain which gets repeated over and over but still).

That's it, the only explicit line on the whole album.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

woodmouse wrote:if there's one f**k in a song, that's insta-NSFW?
:lol2: (NSFW)
Theolain

Post by Theolain »

Currently listening to the incessant sound of the extraction system at work.

But in the car i will mostly be listening to the new Machine Head album
Save a raid....... Hug the wall
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

Joy Division - She's Lost Control
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Drakefriend

Re: Music discussion

Post by Drakefriend »

The theme of The Future Is Wild, followed by the one of Deep Blue.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

Recently found Wolfmother. I've listened to both their albums straight through several times so far, and there isn't a single song I don't like :) . They remind me a lot of led zeppelin, but more modern.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

The only band I really listen to semi regularly are Casting Crowns, who are a Christian band. Even in terms of Christian music their songs are quite unusual, often describing situations that can happen in everyday life.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

artisticdude wrote:
EliFree wrote:Poets of the fall, latest album
:o Odd, I just heard one of their songs (for the first time ever) in the mobile version of Death Rally. "Can You Hear Me", I believe the title was. Normally I'm not too into that genre, but I actually liked that song. I'll have to check out some more of their stuff at some point... although it seems like it's usually the case that I hear a song, like it, then go and find out that all of the singer's other songs sound nothing like the song I like. :(

I've been a long-time fan of Five for Fighting, which, as Wikipedia does it, does "piano-based rock". The vast majority of his songs are so-so or just plain bad, but there are about a dozen that are really awesome (and have about a thousand plays each in my iTunes library :P ).
Good Stuff. Currently walking though Otis Taylor and Everlasts newest Album "Songs for the Ungrateful Living". Love that stuff.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields