My holiday soap box.

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: My holiday soap box.

Post by wayfarer »

Yeah most stuff was already said I don't want to put my life on one card aka the god given part.
I just hear the ramblings of some old man who have never ever lived about how to live correctly.
If there is a god I would love to take the call but alas the line seems to be busy at the moment so I quess I am on my own here.
I may not have the product insert but I got a brain on myself I know what I do and I can estimate the consequences.
For my dead who cares I can't estimate what comes after but I can estimate my live, as much as any other person around here does.
I don't want to act because it was written that way I want to act because it is my decision.
Same goes for christmas I celebrate it because I want to.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Yeah most stuff was already said I don't want to put my life on one card aka the god given part.
I just hear the ramblings of some old man who have never ever lived about how to live correctly.
If there is a god I would love to take the call but alas the line seems to be busy at the moment so I quess I am on my own here.
I may not have the product insert but I got a brain on myself I know what I do and I can estimate the consequences.
For my dead who cares I can't estimate what comes after but I can estimate my live, as much as any other person around here does.
I don't want to act because it was written that way I want to act because it is my decision.
Same goes for christmas I celebrate it because I want to.
Ditto.
I don't want to be offensive, but I don't believe there is a god. And if there is a god, I don't think you should act like some priest wrote down as "the only truth". Christmas is for me, as many other dutch people, being with family and having a christmas tree in your living room. almost every holiday in Holland had something to do with christianity, but now they are just days off, or sometimes a bunny giving chocolate eggs to children.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

LightFighter wrote:or sometimes a bunny giving chocolate eggs to children.
No mild drugs then? :(
For the dark gods!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Girgistian wrote:
LightFighter wrote:or sometimes a bunny giving chocolate eggs to children.
No mild drugs then? :(
Even the easter bunny buys them for 50 cents. ;) [insert random supermarket name here], simply the cheapest.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Ahhh Eastern you know? The Eggs, the Bunnies and the spring, a celebration of fertility those christians are such creative folks. :mrgreen:
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

wayfarer wrote:Ahhh Eastern you know? The Eggs, the Bunnies and the spring, a celebration of fertility those christians are such creative folks. :mrgreen:
Such admirable resourciveness in the worship of Freya and Aphrodite. :P
For the dark gods!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Girgistian wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Ahhh Eastern you know? The Eggs, the Bunnies and the spring, a celebration of fertility those christians are such creative folks. :mrgreen:
Such admirable resourciveness in the worship of Freya and Aphrodite. :P
I think it's ironic that we celebrate spring and fertility on the day Jesus died. :P
johndh

Post by johndh »

LightFighter wrote: I think it's ironic that we celebrate spring and fertility on the day Jesus died. :P
:eng: That would be Good Friday you're thinking of. They wanted to go ahead and get the killing over with before the Shabbat/Sabbath, which is Saturday. Easter is the "third day", which was the resurrection. I guess it makes sense to celebrate Christ coming back from being dead at the same time as nature does the same (metaphorically).
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

johndh wrote::eng: That would be Good Friday you're thinking of. They wanted to go ahead and get the killing over with before the Shabbat/Sabbath, which is Saturday. Easter is the "third day", which was the resurrection. I guess it makes sense to celebrate Christ coming back from being dead at the same time as nature does the same (metaphorically).
Cool, I never thought of it that way. I wonder if Jesus originally got executed in Eastern-ish time, or if it's purposedly overlapped with the spring-celebration afterwards like Christmas.
For the dark gods!