Games discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Giraffemonster

Re: Games discussion

Post by Giraffemonster »

It's been a while since Humble Bundle V's been out, but I've picked some of the stuff up again. Mainly Amnesia, which needless to say, is making me afraid of darkness, water, and footsteps. Braid is pretty nice. I wasn't able to play it when I first got the bundle due to using open source drivers which wouldn't work with it. It's pretty artsy, and definitely on the creative side.

Also picked up Zero-K for the first time yesterday. I'm terrible at it, but it's got a ton of bullets, and a ton of explosions.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

I played this game through (minus the bonus level) a while ago...Difficult (for me, anyway :P), but pretty fun.

Here it is: Arcane Castle.

The sweet music helps, too. ;)
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Just acquired and played Chrono Trigger for the first time today.

:hmm:

:o

:shock:

I think I'm going to be putting Real Life on hold for a while.
Radh

Post by Radh »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Just acquired and played Chrono Trigger for the first time today.

:hmm:

:o

:shock:

I think I'm going to be putting Real Life on hold for a while.
Yes! Chrono Trigger! If you have any responsibilities, beware. They won't get done. You'll be hooked onto Chrono Trigger for at least a week, maybe even a month.
charlieh65
Translator

Post by charlieh65 »

Fear-all sequels, saints row 2, magic the gathering, and offcourse Wesnoth.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

I recently played through this game: Fragger. Pretty fun. You're basically a good guy who throws grenades at bad guys. :P There's also a sequel, which I recommend, as well.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Just got Carmageddon on gog.com. This game is absolutely SICK! :shock:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Meanwhile in Civ-4-Land...

...It was a long week for the Emperor's personal body guard. Sweat was running down the highest of all people's forehead while he was pacing up and down the tactical room, with all of his generals about. The soldier was given strictest orders to watch for informants who could leak operation "free the third world" prior to execution. The ships, fully loaded with troops with state of the art equipment were already on their way to their destination with enough supplies to raze three megalopolis. He was looking into the eyes of the man who commanded the assault. He was staring back, hard and unyielding...he knew he would win.
Spoiler:
Here i present to you a game i am playing right now with TBS. A civ game like so many before, starting with a small civilization which slowly takes the steps to become the grandest of them all. Along the way, there is always a lot of fun with diplomatical events, or trying to convince your neighbours that only your religion is the best. In this specific game, its all about the right timing. Both of us have recently researched rifles, and now its about whos gonna last for longer. The megacities in the east or the uprising but yet unknown west..?

Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

I like your enthusiasm. Are you playing against the computer or a human?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i play with humans, mostly one, and add a couple AIs to make the contest more interesting for both of us. you wanna play, you tell me :)
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Are you using any expansion packs? (personally I like Beyond the Sword, though it does complicate things sometimes)

EDIT: great, I saw the pictures and now I got sucked into an SP game
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Civilization IV + "Beyond the Sword" official expansion + "Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn" user-made mod = Pure epicness :mrgreen:

Generally, as far as games go, I am a fan of minimalistic KISS-type games, but Civ is the one exception where I go to the opposite extreme.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

civ 4 is best with the beyond the sword expansion. if you like addons, u might have problems with OOS during MP games. ROM is lovely, but actually this OOS problematic was the reason why i continued my search and found the PIG MOD. probably improved gameplay....what a silly name, really. but its got 10mb only, and u have no OOS issues at all. the game is really improved, btw. many small nasty things got ironed out and its enjoyable until the last turn. here the description "it attempts to only improve the game, not change the game". since the game i play is already super cool, i can only follow such wise words. http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachmen ... 1256837315

dont be sucked into SP games, rather be sucked in an epic game with me, i promise i wont be boring :D
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

What? :augh: I can't believe you honestly praise civ 4. It's rubbish! Civilization 3 is the best one out there. Tech tree and advancements are awfully sophisticated in civ 4 while civ 3 keeps it simple and entertaining.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Well, sadly I can't do MP games, for certain reasons of my own. Though if I ever do I'll contact you. ;)

And as for Dunno's strange thoughts, at least you're still a fan of the Civilization saga...
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.