Games discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Frogger5

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Frogger5 »

enchilado wrote: I don't think you can be rubbish at Minecraft.
You would think so, but I have seen people who would make you think otherwise. :P

Blarumyrran wrote: Are you suggesting that someone in this thread has claimed that no person has an interest in Minecraft greater than that of Boldek? Can you elaborate on that?
What? Of course not. I'm saying that just because you may not have more interest than Boldek*, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. I'm saying that this is a matter of personality and preference. And that by saying, "theres nothing left to do" or your sarcastic reply, your representing a small portion of Minecraft players, that have no desire to build whatever the hell they want.

*I'm not having a go at Boldek, I'm going by the list he stated in his post.

Boldek wrote: okay, so you can build yourself Edoras, or a functioning grand piano, or Hogwarts, or a mountain made out of gold, or a city, but the adventure of requiring tools and wares and armor and ores is gone. people complain that building is tricky, so they put it on peaceful and use cheats. that right there is what I am talking about. after 1.8, people complained that endermen were ruining their buildings, so they put it on peaceful all the time to help their building time and preserve the structures. so it just becomes a game where you just build, and build, and build. how many people even watch those showcases of your X statue and say: 'wow! I have never thought of that before! why didn't I build X statue?'
Yep. Thats pretty much true. Minecraft is a building game, a survival game, an adventure game, and the wonderful thing is, people can choose what kind of game they want it to be. It so happens that lots of people choose the building option, because lets face it, if your into zombie killing then you would be better off playing Nazi Zombies. And, the natural instinct of not wanting your castle destroyed. Whoever built the white house wouldn't be too happy if a creeper marched up and blew up its doorstep would they? :P
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Frogger5 wrote:I'm saying that just because you may not have more interest than Boldek*, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either.
Frogger5 wrote:just because one person doesn't have the ideas, creativity, skill, etc to build beyond what Boldek said, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
Frogger5 wrote:
Blarumyrran wrote: Are you suggesting that someone in this thread has claimed that no person has an interest in Minecraft greater than that of Boldek? [...]
What? Of course not.
This is ridiculous.

Frogger5 wrote:I've played Minecraft for almost a year now
That you have played Minecraft for almost a year now does not mean that everyone else has played Minecraft for almost a year. For example, entire isolated peruvian tribes might have never seen a device capable of running Minecraft!
Frogger5 wrote:I am living proof of that
That you are living proof of that does not mean that everyone else is a living proof of that. Many people are dead and cannot be living proofs of anything, including "that".
Frogger5 wrote:(Username: Frogger5)
That your username on these forums is Frogger5 does not mean that everyone else's username on these forums is Frogger5. In fact, that would be stupid - why should every user on the forum have the exact same username? Wouldn't it ruin much of the purpose of a username?

Do you see what I did there?

If you reply to a message with a statement in the form of "X does not mean that Y", where X is something that the author of the original message stated, then by default you ARE implying that the author also believes (erroneously) in Y. That is why the 3 sentences I brought above must seem immediately nonsensical.
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

:annoyed: Everyone has different preferences and characteristics which, I've written three posts saying that. Its a simple concept, I have no doubt that you understand it and are reasonable enough to agree with it, so why are you debating it?

Anyway, instead of actually making a relevant point, your taking up my time and taking the debate away from the topic at hand which is Minecraft. So if you don't mind, I'm going to keep talking about Minecraft instead of this silly pointless hassle you insist on enforcing apon me.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Frogger5 wrote:Anyway, instead of actually making a relevant point, your taking up my time and taking the debate away from the topic at hand which is Minecraft.
I'd like to remind you of the name of the topic. I'll give ya a hint: It ain't "Minecraft Junkies Post Here!" (Don't get me wrong. Minecraft is pretty fun.) I can post here too as long as my post is relevant.
Frogger5 wrote:So if you don't mind, I'm going to keep talking about Minecraft instead of this silly pointless hassle you insist on enforcing apon me.
Heck, you go right ahead. Who's stopping you? I just find it mildly funny that you're talking about talking about it and you have nothing related to Minecraft in your post :lol2:
Anyways, I love the old Atari games. Oh what fun we had sitting around early in the morning shooting asteroids. Nostalgia...
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote: Heck, you go right ahead. Who's stopping you?.
Why thank you. :)

EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I <3 Myst. Best game ever! I got the trilogy for the first three games and they are AMAZING. Riven is boss and so is Exile.
You can run but you can't hide from my....

-EagleEye
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Wow Myst. Havent played that since the Mac Classic days. I wish I could again, its a great game with beautiful graphics.

Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'm now (right this instant :o ) trying this "Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe" game and darnit... I've never met a game that makes me feel like I'm just not smart enough to play it.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I'm playing Spore at the moment. Really cool game. Excellent graphics.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I figured out some OpenTTD. It's *lots* of fun now. I never had a train set as a kid. It's nice to have an infinite one. I don't even have to clean up when I'm done playing. ;)

Though I found a realism issue. I'm a millionaire on it now, but there's no tab to buy politicians...
vodot

Post by vodot »

ancestral wrote:Agricola.
Agricola rocks. That publisher owes me: my wife and I have been personally responsible for the sales of at least 6 copies of that game to various friends and relatives.

If you/your significant other are into complex strategy but not destruction/wargames, look no further. And if they are into cute wooden pieces shaped like animals, you are completely without excuse. :)
Last edited by vodot on November 2nd, 2011, 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Games discussion

Post by Gambit »

The Binding of Isaac is an incredibly strange game.
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

vodot wrote:
ancestral wrote:Agricola.
Agricola rocks.
Agricola reminds me of Puerto Rico. I feel like Puerto Rico introduced the whole “choose a role” mechanic. Although I’m sure it probably borrowed it from a game before it, like most games do.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
aklotz

Re: Games discussion

Post by aklotz »

Dawn of War 2 by Warhammer is pretty great.
Single player campaign is anyway, kind of star-foxish layout and there is an XP/RPG/Equip element
Generally DoW2 takes the mining resource model away and makes battles over 'point locations' matter.

Momentary threadjack
:
I'm looking to trade out of a Steam library I built. Ive got 10 games in there that I just don't play anymore. I need a new game. I also have a barely used SteelSeries Syberia 7.1 channel USB soundcard that I would send to anyone interested, these sell for around $40. These are for people who dont have a nice soundcard or want decent sound on a laptop. One end is a USB the other is a jack for headphones/mic. If anybody out there is interested in a random game lot plus a USB soundcard for Civ 5 or Company of Heroes Anthology I would be overjoyed to do the trade.

Disclosure: Steam is tricky because you cannot transfer your identity, but you can change the email address the service uses which will give you complete control over the account. Once you designate and secure the new email address through steam, the only way to re-assert control over the account outside doing it the normal way is to contact Steam and present original box pictures of each CD key for each game in the library. They are really sticklers about this. I tried to just have them delete the account all-together and they would not do it. I don't have these anymore so I would suggest you don't buy new games on this account, you just play the ones that are there because if something happened to the account, you would have a really hard time proving ownership.

Other useful details: its never had an infraction, ban or restriction and almost no achievements have been unlocked. You can change your in-game nickname so you are not stuck with the one I had. This could be a cool deal for someone interested in picking up a couple cheap CD keys for LAN parties.

Games are:
Braid
Osmos
Wings of Prey
Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike Source
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

The absolute lowest value I would go is $30 for everything but I would rather do a trade. If you want the usb card and not the games or vice versa let me know. I'm willing to hear almost anything. I will walk you through successful setup via chat and will send you the login/password immediately via honor system!

removed your e-mail address for your own safety--please PM user to get his contact information--Thrawn
Thanks!
Last edited by aklotz on December 2nd, 2011, 11:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.