League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Jozrael »

You're at 600 Elo o_O?

<3
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Pentarctagon wrote:reminds me of a match in which my team had 2 suppressions, 2 knockups, and a stun. whoever we decided to focus died, and there wasn't a thing they could do about it :lol2:
Once you get beyond the low levels it seems like there are like one or two viable strategies, stun+nuke being the most effective one. When Brand was introduced it just magnified the problem. The patch that introduced Tenacity items was a step in the right direction, but too little too late.

Anyways, I haven't played it in a while now so I may not know what I'm talking about.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I don't think there's a single dominant meta right now - bruisers have been on the decline. The single biggest thing defending against nuke/stuns are supports imo. Janna for example is a great counter.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I also hope they nerf vayne some more, that last patch almost didn't do anything to her. I know I'm currently at 600 elo (highest was 1320 :lol2: ), but atm she is one of the only characters (and the only dps carry) that I can lane against (which is a real pain in and of itself), dominate, and still know that it won't even gimp her that much mid/late game.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

We'll of course continue looking into her.
Valkier
Art Contributor

Post by Valkier »

Everyone is all excited about Orianna. I'll buy her, but I'm having a hard time being all that optimistic as to her usefulness.
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
Valinor

Post by Valinor »

Pentarctagon wrote:I also hope they nerf vayne some more, that last patch almost didn't do anything to her. I know I'm currently at 600 elo (highest was 1320 :lol2: ), but atm she is one of the only characters (and the only dps carry) that I can lane against (which is a real pain in and of itself), dominate, and still know that it won't even gimp her that much mid/late game.
Personally I hope they don't nerf her, I have play about a dozen games with her and about the same against her, and have seen nothing remotely overpowered about her.
She does good damage all game, but is very squishy with weak escape, focus and she dies almost immediately.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Personal opinion is that she needs nerfs. Valinor, be glad I'm not a designer ;D.

Granted, I haven't played as her more than a handful of times.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

One unusual (and really annoying) strategy I've played against was a team composed of Ashe, Shen, Zilean, Janna, and Kayle. Shen, Zilena, Janna, and Kayle all go tanky/tanky-ap builds while ashe goes pure glass cannon. We dominated until about 35 minutes, then it got to the point where ashe was starting to carry and we had no way to kill her because of all the shields/cc + zilean, and all the supports had built tanky so we couldn't kill any of them without getting slaughtered by ashe. :?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Valinor wrote:
Pentarctagon wrote:I also hope they nerf vayne some more, that last patch almost didn't do anything to her. I know I'm currently at 600 elo (highest was 1320 :lol2: ), but atm she is one of the only characters (and the only dps carry) that I can lane against (which is a real pain in and of itself), dominate, and still know that it won't even gimp her that much mid/late game.
Personally I hope they don't nerf her, I have play about a dozen games with her and about the same against her, and have seen nothing remotely overpowered about her.
She does good damage all game, but is very squishy with weak escape, focus and she dies almost immediately.
Valinor: the problem is that against a team that has good coordination, you will have a hard time focusing her. Support/tanks that do their job make it very hard to get to her (especially when she has ult->roll mixups).
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Double Post, I feel so dirty XD

Got bored (interwebs keeping from connecting long enough to play):
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

That is awesome~. Do you have plans to do more? I'd love to submit pixel art to the Summoner's Showcase!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Jozrael wrote:That is awesome~. Do you have plans to do more? I'd love to submit pixel art to the Summoner's Showcase!
I have a slowly updated thread in their GD, but slow work is slow. I plan, eventually a bunch. Prolly the end of summer (I am leaving for summer job at a scout camp, so interwebs will be unavailable, but I will have time to sprite).

Valkier
Art Contributor

Post by Valkier »

So I've been toying around with ideas for a campaign on Wesnoth, and made some concept art over the weekend. To have a little fun, I made apost on the LoL forums and basically said I had details on a leaked upcoming champ. Posted the concept art for the campaign and watched to see who bought it.

Oh man, good times.
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I've been experimenting with laning warwick recently in ranked, and so far (my artificially lowered elo aside) its been going pretty well, I currently have 13 wins and 3 losses (though I'm still not entirely sure how I want to build him). The only really annoying thing is that his Q doesn't heal him him if its used on a shield like sion's or even mordekaiser's :annoyed: . Just one more reason to hate vlad I guess...

edit - also, does anyone know what is going on with HSGG, etc?