League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cretin

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by cretin »

so, i am a little bit afraid of kog now. I just beasted 3 games in a row now with him. and while that really isnt enough to say "op op!" man, im just a little bit afraid of him. now i understand why he destroys people, and people like to ban him.

on a funny note, i died, ran up to an enemy kog, he died, ran up to one of my allies, and killed him. was too funny. his passive feels almost useless but when it works its like a pat on the back haha.
Joram

Post by Joram »

Speaking of calling things OP, I just played a game where an ally Garen when 20-0-14.

On not one, but TWO occasions, he was half health and chased an enemy through two turrets, into their base, killed it, and walked out again with a comfortable slice of health.
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Can someone say feddd.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Garen is stupid, no champion should be so powerful early on. I don't mind if he scales heavily to become this powerful in late game, just start of on par with everyone else.

Garen and Taric are easy-mode :(

Talking of Taric however, I played a game last night and we had a Taric who stayed in his lane for 15-20 minutes; ages after teamfights had started and we were getting killed. He and Sona were having some kind of laning contest- I don't know. When I asked him why our support champion with heals and stuns that would easily tip the fights in our favour, he responded by pointing out how his turret was still up and ours weren't. I mean, seriously, I'm level 30 and I'm ranked 1450 right now (this was a normal game, but my Elo can't be vastly different) and I'm playing with people like this...

The funny thing was, even after all his laning and no deaths, I had more minion kills than him as Kat, even after 4 deaths - and I was a higher level.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I know what you mean lol. There's a friend I sometimes play with who's idea of 'helping out' is to push a lane solo as a 'distraction', leaving us in a 4v5 for most of the game. This also results in him getting ganked a lot...
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
cretin

Post by cretin »

i tihnk only sivir can do that whole towerpush alone move. but man, if you leave her alone in a lane too long, she WILL take down all of the towers.
Joram

Post by Joram »

Just finished a game playing as Amumu. We stomped them horribly, even with my getting a super-slow start jungling.

Near the end though, the enemy Singed performed a really epic maneuver. We were all mid, they had one tower remaining before the inhibitor, and we were kind of dancing round a bit. They weren't under their tower, but we weren't perfectly organized, with a couple people still rushing from the sides up to join the front. Suddenly, Singed dashes forward and tosses me back right into the middle of their team.

Well what do you think I did? :twisted:
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I've played lot with alistar, with him it's possible in mid-late game run to undefended turret (dont need any creeps) put ulti on and start attacking a tower this is sometimes possible between team fights if you have ulti not used. If you have already build triforce you can almost get the tower down during your ulti.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Everyone going to watch the WCG final today/tonight - Depending where you are. Did SK make it through to the final?

Lot's of people on the US forums talking about how they think CLG deliberately lost the game vs SK in order to get a more favourable match-up in the semi's.

Should be a good match.
cretin

Post by cretin »

was watching the matches yesterday. poor Another Story, they got stomped 17-2 and 18-2 their first 2 matches. i hope the matches are enjoyable
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

CLG throwing the game intentionally is rubbish. At worst, they didn't bring out their A-game because they're saving that for the grand finals. Also, losing a game never nets you a BETTER matchup in the semis - they STILL were ranked first, so they still played the 4th seed.

I agree, AS felt out of place in that tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised if the SEA representative wins next year. They've been a dominant force in DotA along with the Chinese.

I can't waaaait to be there today. Gonna be cheering alongside all of Riot!
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I'll be watching tonight. 11pm. Should be a good match. I missed the start of the CLG v SK game as the stream crashed and the first 20 minutes of it.

I can't wait for Phreak's commentary, listening to him at the NA finals was amazing.

In my opinion there needs to be more regions. Splitting the USA and Europe would provide more teams, then we have more matches to watch and also let more talent compete.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

There's only four regions this year, but that's a pretty good tournament number. Something like five would be weird.

Also, I don't think we want to fracture the playerbase more than is convenient for latency reasons.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Just watching the livestream now. I have to say I have never been more disapointed in a game company before.

Phreak is a disgrace. He has just shamed your entire company to the gaming world. taunting a team because they are losing? Encouraging the crowed to chant "USA" when they are winning. Asking the camerman to show the "sad German faces"

Beyond belief. I'm frankly disgusted.
Valinor

Post by Valinor »

Played my first ranked game today! Played Warwick, went 15-10-23 and won.