Movies discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hatter_Madigan

Movies discussion

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Mine has to be "o lucky man".. that movies just great!! :lol2:
Last edited by Gambit on October 26th, 2011, 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: stickified
Joram

Re: What is everyone's favorite movie at the moment?

Post by Joram »

What is everyone's favorite movie at the moment?
I don't think that there is a human alive who could answer that question correctly. :P
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

I don't mean for one person to answer what everyone's favorite is altogether, I mean everyone individually :wink:
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

Well, I'm looking forward to see Ice Age 3 and Up, but I don't have a real favorite one unless we talk about cartoons (both 2d and 3d). XD

Wall-E was great IMO, though, as most of Disney-Pixar's movies as well. When I go to the cinema I want to see something that relaxes me and that makes me laugh... Dramatic movies aren't my thing, unless I'm depressed too. That's why I always end up in watching cartoons :D
"I love humanity, but I just can't stand people"

Current project(s): Campaign - An Ordinary Adventure
Sono Italiano, se servono traduzioni contattatemi (con calma, e in fila indiana XD).
Shibamage

Post by Shibamage »

Fireproof! I love it. :D
And then Star Wars episodes II, III and VI, both Narnia movies out so far, and the new Star Trek.
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
~ Matt. 16:26

My ST/SW fanfiction! :D
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Favorite movie at the moment. That's one movie, not several. And it's at the moment, so though it could be, it's not necessarily your favorite all-time.

Come on, answer the question correctly :D

I'd have to go with The Hangover since I just recently saw it in theaters and it's absolutely hilarious.
(And yeah, for better or worse, there's going to be a sequel, I'm sure of it.)
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Ditto on The Hangover. Zach Galifianakis is awesome. Loved him in Wondershowzen and Tim and Eric Awesome show. Glad to see he's getting big roles.
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Yeah xD. I love tim and eric! Thanks for the update on the hangover. I didn't know if it was worth watching or not. I'll have to watch that now^_^
Shibamage

Post by Shibamage »

ancestral wrote:Favorite movie at the moment. That's one movie, not several. And it's at the moment, so though it could be, it's not necessarily your favorite all-time.

Come on, answer the question correctly :D
But it's so hard to decide! :lol2: I guess I'll go with Fireproof, then. :D
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
~ Matt. 16:26

My ST/SW fanfiction! :D
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

I found that Good Morning England was quite enjoyable, though I admit I didn't go much to the cinema lately.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Hmm. That's not an easy question. I'll just name a few:
Flywheel.
Fireproof.
Krull.

Plus, I somewhat like the LOTR trilogy and the Star Wars saga (the latter is too liberal for me, and the former is slightly liberal), I like the Buttercream Gang movies...etc. If it's clean and conservative, I'll probably like it. I really like Flywheel and Fireproof as they fit those criteria, plus they're Christian.

I'm really hoping to see more good Christian movies from Sherwood and more good Christian movies in general in the future.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Is fireproof made by the same people that made facing the giants? for some reason I heard that somewhere... and facing the giants was a low budget local that people that went to my local church made?
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

Although I like movies a lot, after thinking some hours about the question asked I am quite not sure what answer to give. :hmm:

Maybe this is because there are not really any new movies I saw in the last months. Mostly just plain re-runs.

As for now I will settle to Alejandro Amenábar's "Mar adentro" (Spain, 2004).
It's the last movie I saw to really touch me, and it has some great lines of dialogue.
(That's the thing most younger viewer's hate because it's interuppting the action sequences they want to see... :P )
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

I can't answer this because there isn't any movie that has really excited me lately. Almost every movie I've seen in recent months, no matter how good it has been, has had at least a few major issues that prevent me from loving the film (for example, I really did not like a central plot point in the Star Trek movie). There are also some enjoyable movies which I simply cannot fully endorse due to some messages expressed in the film.

I could have a whole list of films I like that are older - Shaun of the Dead, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pan's Labyrinth, Forest Gump, The Mummy (the first one), and probably at least a dozen more - but I don't think I'd be able to pick a "favorite" out of the list, especially since many are not in comparable genres (and whether I want to see a comedy or an action film, for instance, depends on my mood at the moment).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Someone give me some feedback on this. I heard that really old French horror movies are great.. Can anyone give me facts about this?