Some Suggestions for gui2

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ancientcc

Some Suggestions for gui2

Post by ancientcc »

listbox(tgenerator_vectical_list), use it to implement table. In table, all rows are same height.
  • 1. In despite of where is visible area, always display header that defined "id=_header_grid".
    2. Height of "id=_list_grid" should be the integer times of one line height.
    3. Hieght of offset should be the integer times of one line height.
    4. Support to sort.
    5. Support to switch page.
hero_list.jpg
hero_list.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
*Sorted by Force.

Simply, I have tried to implement above in War of Kingom that base Wesnoth. If interests it, can download source code, then compare <src>/gui that derived form wesnoth-1.10.2.

On the other hand, below is pure suggestions.
1. Support focus state. In focus, there is distinct background.
2. Optimize CPU/memory usage duration displaying table. At least, all grids in line are same, can use one only.
3. Add Combo Box widget.
Last edited by ancientcc on April 22nd, 2012, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Re: Some Suggestions for gui2

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Yeah gui2 is still in development, I'm especially not happy with the current listbox class.

I'm not really sure what you mean with switching pages, most of the other ideas are indeed
`defects' in the current implementation.
ancientcc

Post by ancientcc »

SkeletonCrew wrote:Yeah gui2 is still in development, I'm especially not happy with the current listbox class.

I'm not really sure what you mean with switching pages, most of the other ideas are indeed
`defects' in the current implementation.
One hero has many property, and one page cannot diplay all, so classify them. As one floor displayed, "Ability" page includes Name, Leadership, Force, Intellect, Politics and Charm. on the other hand, "Relation" page is relative to relation, includes Name, Father, Mother, Oath, Intimate and Hate.
hero_list-2.jpg
hero_list-2.jpg (36.02 KiB) Viewed 2530 times
How to switch page? Player presses corresponding buttons. Press "Ability" button will display "Ability" page, "Relation" will display "Relation" page, etc. To get better player experience, after pressing buttun, gui2 should not recontruct window, even not change table rectangle.

Same as switching page in table, gui2 maybe implement another switch. In "Preferences" dialog, there is "General", "Display", "Sound", "Multiplayer", "Advanced" pages, press one button should display corresponding page.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

There is a multipage widget that might do what you want.
Best have a look at the campaign selection dialog.